Thread: No, you aren't bothering me!

No, you aren't bothering me!

People often ask if bichons and cats get along. Well most of you on here know that they do!

They can even eat and drink together, lol. This is Sugar and Chestnut.

I'm not sure who arrived first, as Sugar's bowl is to the upper left; she has moved over to simonize Lacey's bowl.

Bichons -- at least, in my experience -- are pretty easy going, don't mind being close up to one another. Well, except for Darlin' Marlin who has a different idea of "personal space." Anyway, this was the view looking in from the driver's door, one day after our walk at the Farm. For some reason, they all get in the back and then hop over the hammock into the front. This pic was taken by my friend Barbara w/ her phone. I did try to enlarge it, but it loses the quality.

From left, it is Willy, Lacey and Tasha

That's all!

2. I havent gotten a chance to meet a Bichon in person yet,, but in all the pictures an videos ive seen of several different Bichon dogs theyve all looked like the happy go lucky laid back type of dog.

love the last picture they all look ready an willing to go despite where ever the destination might be. including to the vets LOL

Bichons always seem to be happy. I had people over yesterday and Kirby ran up to everyone and showed them his happy face. He was soooo cute.

I must be meeting the wrong bichons. All the ones I've met have been pampered house pets who are one owner dogs and unsocialized with anybody else (plight of the small dog?). I'd loose my fingers if I tried to pet some of the bichons I know. Kudos to the good owners who socialize their dogs though. Just because they can get all of their exercise in the house or yard doesn't mean they should be kept from learning social skills.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Very cute pictures. You really do have very sweet dogs.

Thank you for all the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    I must be meeting the wrong bichons. All the ones I've met have been pampered house pets who are one owner dogs and unsocialized with anybody else (plight of the small dog?). I'd loose my fingers if I tried to pet some of the bichons I know. Kudos to the good owners who socialize their dogs though. Just because they can get all of their exercise in the house or yard doesn't mean they should be kept from learning social skills.
    I do spend tons of time socializing them, both with humans and with other dogs. We discuss the need for this a LOT on the bichon forum I frequent. Sorry you are not seeing the happy go lucky types of bichon, as they are a nice breed when trained properly. They DO need a disciplined owner, as they can quickly take over and become bossy.

Freedom, your flock of smart, happy Bichons and clowder of kitties always makes me smile!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Freedom, your flock of smart, happy Bichons and clowder of kitties always makes me smile!
    Ooooo! What she said exactly!

I've been Boooo'd!

He hee, thank you, glad you enjoy their photos.

Hahaha too cute!!

My grandma's bichon, "Jewel Jolie", "Bunny", or "JJ" (whatever she decides her name is that week), is very laid back. She's very nice, and even though really hasn't been socialized much, gets along with everyone. Bichons really are not the snappy, yappy type of small dog. They are typically pretty friendly.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*