Thread: Forbidden fruit, Nawtee Hilary Swank....

Forbidden fruit, Nawtee Hilary Swank....

I just saw on our news last night that actress Hilary Swank was down under last October and was caught with an apple and an orange in her hand luggage, a big NO NO, can you believe she decided to fight the fine instead of paying up straight away, the fine was only 200 dollars a mere pittance to Hilary.

She tried to get out of paying it, but I am pleased to hear that our ministry of Agriculture does not give celebrity's any preferencial treatment.

She ended up paying the fine and 30 dollars court costs, and sending a letter of apology stating she was tired after a 20 hours flight and simply forgot, well aren't we all, still all is well, but if she had not be caught, goodness know's the risk she was putting NZ in.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

She ended up paying the fine and 30 dollars court costs, and sending a letter of apology stating she was tired after a 20 hours flight and simply forgot, well aren't we all, still all is well, but if she had not be caught, goodness know's the risk she was putting NZ in.
    She finally gave in eh.

When i saw that on the news i was shocked that she would even try to get out of paying her fine. Glad to hear she had to pay up though, as if a measly $200 was going to brake her, realy.

But.... She is still a kick butt actress .
    Last edited by cloverfdx; 03-31-2005 at 02:30 AM.

Oh I agree Hilary is awesome, I think she is ever so cool, cannot understand her logic though in kicking up a fuss, maybe it's her background, she grew up poor didn't she? so she still probably fights for every dollar.

Despite it all, she apparently had a great time here and loved it, hey what's not to love eh? lol
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Did she KNOW the law about taking fruit out of the country? I mean, maybe she just decided to pack a snack and didn't give it any thought. I would've done that!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Good for New Zealand. I think that they make it very clear aboard the plane that you cannot bring fruits into NZ.

It is just like California.........we have been fighting the Med-fly
    because someone brought in illegal fruit.

Originally posted by cloverfdx
    But.... She is still a kick butt actress .
    She is one of my favorite actresses, loved her in Boys Don't Cry.
    But come on? She couldn't pay up $200?
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

Donna everyone who can read, knows the rules regarding taking fruit into NZ, it is in clear black and white on all information provided on the aeroplane as Gini pointed out, so there is no excuse, but yes of course she probably forgot, she is human after all, but her little human error could have cost NZ bigtime, this is a serious matter, but she was caught so no harm done.

I cannot understand Hilary's objection to paying the fine, she did the crime, so there is no principal involved, maybe she is just tight with her cash, or expected because she had celebrity status she would be let off, not a chance in Aotearoa Hilary.

Yes Hilary you still rock , great actress, we kiwi's forgive you, and welcome you back with open arms, I believe she is coming down under again soon, bet she eats all her apples and oranges on the plane this time lol.
    Furangels only lent.