Thread: 3 Days Left to raise $91 Fatty to the Vets! *UPDATE* GOAL HAS BEEN MET!!!

3 Days Left to raise $91 Fatty to the Vets! *UPDATE* GOAL HAS BEEN MET!!!

Here is my other post please read if you haven't already.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143998

I'm raising money to take Fatty a stray cat that has been losing weight over the past year and just recently lost a little more weight and needs to be taken to a vets.

I have raised $88 so far and I need another $91 to be able to take Fatty's to his appointment this Friday at 3 p.m. I will be leaving early in the morning on Friday if I have enough funds to drive 2 1/2 hours to my sister's place to get Fatty and take him to the vets. If we don't get enough funds his appointment will have to be canceled because as most of you already know my one cat Athena is having a Hernia operation at the end of this month and my extra money is going for her surgery.

So the goal for Fatty is to raise $91.

Please if you can help donate in anyway I'm accepting paypal donations at [email protected]

or you may call the vets and put it under my sister's name but please PM me before calling the vets so I can give you my sister's name and that way I'll know how much more I'll need to make this a success.

Thank you,
    Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July%209%202008%20%28101%29.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	832.7 KB 
ID:	39742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July%209%202008%20%2898%29.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	39743  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 07-17-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Melissa

My daughter mailed the card with the cash in it today. I get paid on Thursday and will send you $25.00 thru pay pal. Hopefully a couple of others can contribute enough to make up the rest.

Julie

Julie,

Thank you so much, I hope so, if I had more $$ it would be easier to just go and do but with Athena's surgery I just can't.

Hopefully today will be a lucky day.

With your donation of $25 I'll just need $66 left to go!

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by momtomany View Post
    Melissa

My daughter mailed the card with the cash in it today. I get paid on Thursday and will send you $25.00 thru pay pal. Hopefully a couple of others can contribute enough to make up the rest.

Julie

AND THE FOUND CATS SAY THAT IF YOU WANTED TO USE THE SALE OF THE CAT NIP KNOTS TO HELP FATTY, ITS CERTAINLY ALL RIGHT WITH US.
    WE WOULD HAVE SMILES ON OUR FACES , KNOWING THAT OUR KNOTS WENT TO HELP A FELLOW CAT OUT WHEN HE NEEDSIT THE MOST
    THE FOUND CATS ARE PRAYING FOR FATTY
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you so very much!

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    AND THE FOUND CATS SAY THAT IF YOU WANTED TO USE THE SALE OF THE CAT NIP KNOTS TO HELP FATTY, ITS CERTAINLY ALL RIGHT WITH US.
    WE WOULD HAVE SMILES ON OUR FACES , KNOWING THAT OUR KNOTS WENT TO HELP A FELLOW CAT OUT WHEN HE NEEDSIT THE MOST
    THE FOUND CATS ARE PRAYING FOR FATTY

Well I was feeling hopeful.

I've contacted more rescues no $$.

Sad to say that if I can't raise the $66 I will have to cancel his appointment for this week.

I hate to think he might have cancer and might not be with us too much longer.

I'm not sure what more I can do to try to get $66.

-Melissa

do you have to have the WHOLE amount for the appt?

Would they not take a hefty down payment?

Also - don't ask the rescues for money, unless you work for one of them. What you might ask them about is surrendering Fatty to them - and if they take him, then they use their money for him.

If they give their money away to outside sources, they won't have any for their own rescued animals.

Ask them to take him and his furry friend, and see what they say.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty,

No I don't have enough for the appt.

Right now I have enough to get him checked out and FIV combo tested.

It's $36 for an office visit, $38 FIV/FELV combo test, and $105 for a complete bloodwork (does not include the FIV/FELV combo test), so the total for just the vet visit is $179 right now I have $88 with $25 coming on Thursday brings my total needed left for the appointment to be

$66

I have asked Rescues and other organizations if they would at least be able to foster Fatty and Pretty Girl if there are no funds available but no one seems to have the room which I understand since I'm in the same boat.

Right now I could take him and just get him a check up but I'm afraid without doing bloodwork they won't be able to tell what's wrong with him.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    do you have to have the WHOLE amount for the appt?

Would they not take a hefty down payment?

Also - don't ask the rescues for money, unless you work for one of them. What you might ask them about is surrendering Fatty to them - and if they take him, then they use their money for him.

If they give their money away to outside sources, they won't have any for their own rescued animals.

Ask them to take him and his furry friend, and see what they say.

I just called the vets to see if they would accept the money I have so far but still do the bloodwork and she said they can't.

Sorry.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll receive more funds....please remember you don't have to mail me or pay pal me money, the vets will accept your credit card #.

Melissa

I have a feeling the vet might get a very good idea as to what is wrong with Fatty without bloodwork - I know vets palpate the kidneys, and if Fatty's jaw is hurt, that will be kind of obvious.

Still...I guess they need the option of blood work, just in case.

Melissa - could the local Humane Society help out? Could the work be done through them?

How about your co-workers? Or go hit up the congressman near where you work.

{{{{hugs}}}} I can't give more right now....I wish I could...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You have already helped out so much and I appreciate all your help and suggestions.

I'm still looking for a foster or permanent home for Fatty and Pretty Girl. I'd like to see them both get a home together by Christmas.

Thank you,

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I have a feeling the vet might get a very good idea as to what is wrong with Fatty without bloodwork - I know vets palpate the kidneys, and if Fatty's jaw is hurt, that will be kind of obvious.

Still...I guess they need the option of blood work, just in case.

Melissa - could the local Humane Society help out? Could the work be done through them?

How about your co-workers? Or go hit up the congressman near where you work.

{{{{hugs}}}} I can't give more right now....I wish I could...

I get paid on July 18. (In the morning) Let me see what I can do then.

Thanks,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I just sent you a message replying back.

Thank you for your offer,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I get paid on July 18. (In the morning) Let me see what I can do then.

Thanks,
    Elyse

What is the total that you have now? Did you get my PM after I talked to the vet's office?

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    What is the total that you have now? Did you get my PM after I talked to the vet's office?
    Moe,

Yes I did get your PM and yesterday I received enough money for the vet appointment alone!

I'm hoping that vet pills are not expensive if that's what he needs.

Well work something out though with that.

I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SAID A PRAY OR DONATED MONEY to help Fatty and I will be leaving tomorrow morning to go take him to the vets!

Thank you all again so much,
    Melissa