Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be just and strong

Be just and strong

War has begun and I have cried today because of it, and I am sure I will shed many more tears before it is over. There is no going back now, no point in arguing and going over the whys and wherefores. It is done.
    This is one news item I wanted you all to see, it made me sad for, and proud of, all the men and women of our countries that have to begin their walk on this path today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2866581.stm

Chris

Re: Be just and strong

Originally posted by ChrisH

This is one news item I wanted you all to see, it made me sad for, and proud of, all the men and women of our countries that have to begin their walk on this path today.

they do the hard work so we can live in easy peace.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Chris, thank you - that was a very interesting link, and I appreciated the chance to read it. Richard, you hit the nail on the head as usual.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Oh my gosh! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes...this is what we live for. DOING THE RIGHT THING, regardless of how hard and unpopular it is.

Thank you Chris for opening a new perspective on this to me. I am humbled that people in such a scary situation, will continue to do the right thing. This restores my faith in humanity...even during war.

Wow. Thank you.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Great article Chris. Richard, you are so right. The only thing that I have a problem with is that people who harass the soldiers when they come home. It just angers me...like it's their fault. And if it weren't for them then many people in this world would not have the freedoms that they have.

Thanks for sharing!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Who is harassing soldiers? I haven't heard of that.

It is a sad day. Let us hope it all ends well.

Originally posted by mugsy
    Great article Chris. Richard, you are so right. The only thing that I have a problem with is that people who harass the soldiers when they come home.

MIKE,
    Cut and paste this on a card........show this around when you
    get hassled when you come home. lol.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Chris, that was an awesome link. It brings another dimension to this war. Thanks.

god bless america and those brave sodiers!

The anti-war movement has taken great pains to elaborate that they support the troops.

I just hope and pray that when they time comes that they soldiers come home, these people stick to that and support our troops and don't treat them badly, I think that's what Mugsy meant to! (This has happened after wars before ex. Vietnam is one I know for sure)

Yes, and I hope they do that too. But why accuse people of something that hasn't even happened yet? Especially after many veterans who have been against the war have had their patriotism questioned over and over again, and no one here seems to have a problem with that??

Sorry if that's what it seemed like, I'm not trying to accuse anybody of anything yet, I was just stating a fear that I have! Especially because my husband is one of those soldiers! I wasn't trying to offend anybody, attack anybody, etc., etc., etc.,. I'm just stating my opinion and fears for this whole situation as I'm sure many of us on here are!

Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
    I just hope and pray that when they time comes that they soldiers come home, these people stick to that and support our troops and don't treat them badly, I think that's what Mugsy meant to! (This has happened after wars before ex. Vietnam is one I know for sure)

people opposed to the Viet Nam war would spit on soldiers in uniform and call them 'baby killers'. THAT is one reason that i hold the anti-war backers with such disdain...

I saw my first "war is not the answer" bumper sticker yesterday.

war may not be the answer, but it seems like people forget what the question was.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Yes, what was done to Vietnam soldiers was shameful. I sincerely doubt it will become a mainstream event this time around.