Thread: how cuuuuute

Oh no no no don't show me homeless Aussie/Aussie mixes cause I will want themmmmmm!!

facebook

I knowww meee tooooo

Come on Jessika, Come on ashleycat! Go get those little cuties. Gosh, their beautiful! I love the last aussie. He's beautiful. Possum and the puppies are just to cute! Poor Possum Isn't deafness common in aussies?

I love the Black Tri my RB Bandit was a black Tri some think that they are plain..but me i honestly would own another,i was saying to my hubby the other day that i think i will always have an Aussie running around my Yard!!!my lacy is a brat and only listens when she likes but i love her to death and also i love the breed!!

oh! they are so adorable!!! those two female pups are beyond ADORABLE!!!! are you thinkin of adopting a second ausie???
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Maybe looong down the road. I don't think I can handle another dog right now. Busy toddler and all. Hopefully hubby will let me then. Also... in a couple years or sooner we will have another human. lol.

The deaf aussies are the white ones. They are called Lethal Whites. They are what happens when 2 merles get together.

tho I don't know why it happens. I thought merle was just a color pattern.

here's a site about them http://www.aussielads.com/lethal_white.htm

They are sooooooo adorable! I would take them in a heart-beat if they were in my area!

I wasn't really a dog person. Charlie changed that!

aawwwwww you made me look at petfinder!!! They are cute!!
    Last edited by shihtzulover850; 05-25-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Deafness is not COMMON in Aussies as a breed itself. Deafness is common only because of bad breedings. The merle gene is either recessive or dominant. You can have mm, and Mm dogs from merle to merle crossings that will have NO problems at all. It is the ones that are MM that are referred to as "lethal whites" and can have hearing or sight problems.

I suppose its more "common" in Aussies because the blue merle coat is so pretty, people think "hey if I breed two blue merles together, I will have all blue merle puppies!" and that is when, depending on the parents, you will get the mm, Mm or MM gene crossing.

Of course, you can still carry the gene and not be a merle... that's mm. You can have a mm... black tri, or whatever, and when bred to another they might produce merle puppies. lol

facebook

Why does breeding aussies seem so difficult ? lol either way. I love aussies. And I made myself a necklace to show it. lol