Thread: Do your cats have a favorite visitor?

Do your cats have a favorite visitor?

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    I just noticed today how much my dogs (especially Sam) LOVE when my boyfriend comes over. They act more enthusiastic and happy than any other visitor we have... even more than when I come home! (Except Molli... she acts like a miracle happened as I walk through the door lol) Sam gets all crazy and does zoomies all over the house and grabs his favorite ball; my boyfriend always plays fetch with him.

Do any of your dogs have a favorite visitor?

I saw this thread in Dog General and wondered if it might be true for cats too.

Cassie has a funny way with visitors - she will go to the door when she hears the knocker, then run and hide; then after the guest gets settled, she will come to see who it is, sniff the person and give a few headbumpies to request attention and petting.

My fur-nephew Milo looooooves anyone who will pet him - he gives hard headbumpies, ankle hugs, and he will even sort of slide his body down your foot to make sure you stop talking and pet him! Which, of course, I love to do. He doesn't like to be picked up or held, but he does like to receive petting. He will also settle himself into a random lap when we are all gathered there, as with a birthday, for extended petting. (he never picks my lap- stinker!)

Anyone else?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Paizly runs and hides when anyone comes to the door. Partly because the dogs bark their heads off. Normally she'll stay back under the bed or very close to the bed so she can retreat under it while company is here. But the last time my niece came to stay she came out right after she unloaded her car. Because she knew her she wasn't afraid.

Jax has NO fear. He is right there when we come home and open the door. The other day our neighbors twins came down and he stayed on the cat tree in his room until the kids came in there and were being loud. Then he ran under the bed. But he didn't hide from them when they went looking under the bed at him. But I think they scared him a little. Usually he is very social. Haven't had a lot of visitors in the past few months though, so I'm not 100% sure how he is.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Giz LOVES it when company comes and is always right there to greet anyone who enters. She flops on her back and shows her beautiful belly, just begging you to pet her. Once you acknolage her, she will get on her counter and demand you come pet HER! Amy, Giz and Samantha LOVE LOVE LOVE it when Mike or Rie comes and they will all greet them and demand attention... but Giz is by far, the more demanding. NO ONE can come in my house without petting Giz because if they ignore her, she grabs and grabs at them until they do.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

They used to love when Aunt Janice came from Meals on Wheels with my dinner and etxras.
    Sadly Janice was hit by a drunk driver and will in all probability not come back, There is a fellow Greg , and he is friendly , but dies not bring extras
    like our Aunt Janice did.
    She was so sad about hearing about Joseph and Princess and she said she was going to send some soup concentrate for Her Special Friend Mikey
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I don't get very many visitors but Sky loves people and will usually come up to any one for pets. Storm is also usually very friendly. My girls get scared and will usually hide. Alan & Blaze have only been visited by my parents and they seemed to be a little scared of them but later they calmed down and let them hold them.