Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lion King Fans..a crappy sketch D:

Lion King Fans..a crappy sketch D:

I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt, I JUST started sketching again. I took art lessons a long time ago in like 3rd/4th and maybe 5th grade and found my old sketches and I thought I was pretty good, so I just started sketching again. I was really good back then for a 4th grader, I even got one of my Halloween sketches on the front page of the newspaper ^_^ But anyway I can't seem to get back into the swing of it. I actually liked this one until I want on Deviantart.com and looked at others, so Alas, a crappy sketching of Simba and Nala "hugging":

My mom liked it, ALOT. She wants me to color it and frame it for my new soon to be re-done room. She said "Artists always hate their work." I really don't like it anymore but maybe I can get my confidence back from you guys. What do you think, honestly? The shading sucks, Simba's right eye is weird, and Nala has a giraffe neck. AND I just realized I didn't finish Simba's mouth WOW.
    Original:

Another Lion King one for laughs, Simba looks so weird, Timone just don't even look at. Pumbaa is the one decent one -_- LOL

Oh my gosh..

That brings back memories! I used to sketch Disney characters when I was younger too as well. They're pretty good! Keep it up. I'd love to see the finished version of it.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I think they are REALLY good!! And your mom is right, artists always are hardest on themselves. My sister never likes any of her work and she is (or was, she doesn't draw too much anymore) very good. She entered one of her charcoal sketches in an art show and came in second. After seeing what came in first, my sister should have been first. LOL

But keep it up. With as good as you are now, you will only get better and better with more practice.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I don't know if there will be a Finished Version, I really want to junk it, but I don't think I should. I worked on it for awhile, like 2 hours. I'm going to try and make it into Digital Art first before I actually color it. I don't want to ruin it anymore and I don't want to color it the wrong colors.

Thanks for the comments though =D I'll see what I can do.

Aw... please don't throw it out! Trust me, finish it, and you will be feeling satisfied with the results. I feel that way every time I start a drawing.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I really want to junk it, but I don't think I should.
    Oh no! Don't junk it! You should finish it. I like it!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Ooh that's cute! I can't seem to get the TLK style down. Have you joined the Lion King Fan Art Archive yet? They don't like direct references from screenshots though and they're particular about whether you infringed some copyright but other than that they're supportive.

Also, check out The Circle of Life it's a screenplay for the third movie. It's not official and it's been many years in the making but I enjoyed it a lot.

You just reminded me of my long desire to have Nala and/or Kiara tattooed on me somewhere.

Niño & Eliza

Those drawings are wonderful! You have a real gift. With just a few lines you capture the spirits of the creatures you're drawing.

Please DO NOT throw those away! Keep working on them, or begin new versions of the same pictures or other new ones.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Don't throw those out - they're really good. Work on them and finish them. I'd say you have talent for this , I thought they looked great.

I think it's cute! You should color it! I love The Lion King.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

It looks great!! Definitley don't trash it, it's awesome!! I love the Lion King

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

Looks great, Alyssa! I really like it!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

My friends really liked the picture, so I won't throw it away. I don't think I really meant it anyway. It's OK, but not to my EXTREME liking. Thanks for the comments! =) I'll see what I can do this week. I'm planning on drawing something for a friend tonight, it's a drawing of Kovu the lion in Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. I need to draw a pic of Rex, for my friend Kathleen for her birthday and another one for another friend who's birthday is next month lol, so we'll see. It may be a few weeks before I decide what to do with this one in particular. I'll show you the Kovu one, and the one I am doing now of Serabi and Simba.

This is the drawing of Kovu, I did the other day, this is a crappy picture taken with my cellphone. I was gonna give it to my friend but I like it too much XD. I still haven't worked on the other one yet.

WOW! I think you have a very great talent there! I'd love to be able to draw like that ;] Keep sending more pics! I like to look at them...
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*