Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricky is under the weather

Ricky is under the weather

Last night, Ricky had a little diarrhea and during the night I had to take him out 3 times. This morning he still has diarrhea and is just not feeling good at all. He is lying on his pillow next to me while I write this.
    To make matters worse, I have to clean his back side everytime he goes so he isn't real happy about that either.
    I am making sure he drinks plenty of water and keeping him quiet and close to me. If he gets worse or isn't better by tomorrow, he will be visiting our Vet for sure. Either way, I will call his Vet in morning to let him know that Ricky was sick.
    I am also keeping Lucy Tu and Desi Lu away from him, just in case.

Oh no, poor little Ricky Hopefully it's just a 24 hr. bug. Please give the sweet pea hug for me and do keep us updated! Get well soon, precious Ricky!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Ricky is better

He hasn't had any diarrhea since this morning and actually got up a couple of hours ago to chase Desi Lu. Right now, he is curled up in my husbands lap and watching baseball.

Re: Ricky is better

Glad Ricky is feeling better, and that
    he did not catch a virus.

----<---<--<{(@

A pup that likes baseball!!! My kinda doggie! Glad you're feeling better, Ricky!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hey Ricky, I know how it feels. Whew!! Glad you're feeling better!

I'm so glad to read that Ricky is better!!!

Leo gets bouts of diarrhea on occasion. He has a very sensitive stomach. When he has it my vet told me to feed him a very bland diet of boiled rice and hamburger for a day or two and give him a little keopectate. Give the same dosage as you would a child his size. Clears it up in no time.

Glad you're better, Ricky!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Ricky had a

relapse. After I wrote that he was better, he started getting sick again. Monday night, he was up several times with diarrhea and he felt warm. I kept him on water only and no solids for 24 hours and it seems to have helped. I am watching him like a hawk right now.
    The funny thing about Ricky is no matter how sick he is or how much it must hurt him, he will not go in the house. He will hold it until he burst but will not have an accident. That is why my husband and I make sure that we watch him closely and make sure he is able to go out when he needs to. He respects our space so it is only fair that we respect his needs.

Oh, poor Ricky The little guy must be so worn out from his ordeal. Sometimes those stomach bugs can hang on for days! I know Karen (KYS) had a rough time with her group recently. It took quite some time before they all were back in the pink. But Ricky couldn't ask for a more dilligent and caring Mom and Dad, that's for sure. Please give the wee one a get well hug and kiss for me. GET WELL SOON, RICKY!

Poor Ricky. I was so in hopes that he was over it. What a good boy to let you know when he needs to go outside. I hope he will be better soon.

Logan

Poor Ricky, I'm so sorry he's going through a bad time. As somebody else mentioned, my vet also says a diet of boiled rice and some chiken mixed with it is a good treatment for diarrhea. Have you tried that? I hope the little guy recovers quickly.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Ricky is better

Ricky is doing better tonight. He ate his first solid food at noon and no diarrhea or vomiting in 10 hours. He is still tired but did manage to jump up and down when he thought I was going on a car ride without him.
    We will keep an eye on him and if he gets diarrhea again, I am going to try the boiled rice and chicken for sure.
    Thanks everyone for your concern. It looks like it was either a virus of some kind. Hopefully the other two don't catch it.

I hope little Ricky is continuing to get better. What a sweet little boy to be having so many tummy problems. Did you call the vet?

This happened with Murphy a couple of months ago. I called and they told me try Pepto Bismal and a bland diet for 24 hours. If she wasn't better, they wanted to see her. Thankfully, she got over it, but at her advanced age, I wasn't taking any chances. She had boiled chicken and rice (Basmati was all I had) and she thought it was wonderful! She wished for more!! LOL!!!

Hugs to Ricky.

Logan