Thread: lab

lab

i have a black lab puppy and i was just wondering about his size...how big he'll be at 3 mo., 7 mo. he still alittle baby, almost 6 weeks but i know dogs grow fast and i'm guessing he'll be a big lab. his parents are huge and he's already big for his age! this is him. yeah, the wallpaper in the kitchen is very stylish, isn't it? haha I HATE it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

OH BOY if that is him at 6wks he is most likely will be a BIG boy

thats what I was afraid of! ha ha! his names Bull because 1. it was the first thing that came to me and 2. he's got a big head Here's a clearer picture with his "brother" Mason. By the way, Mason is almost a year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Almost 6 weeks? MY, how old was he when you got him!?!?!?

I'm not sure the breed standard for Labs, but I'm guessing 70-75lbs...

i got him exactly a week ago. much too young to be selling...the lady told us the momma has quit feeding the pups (there were 13 of them) and Bull eats dry food, although I moisten it a little

well that breeder is clueless lol lets then go as soo as they are weaned? lol the reason for staying till at least 8 weeks is the learning period, they learn all there vital skills from their mom at that age! you will need to work particualry hard with him, I had a dog that we found as a stray when she was just barely weaned, and she has body language problems, she does not understand the body language of other dogs, and does not know how to give warning signals etc.. we had to rehome her because of it, to a home with only 1 other dog, 5 others was just to much and caused a lot of problems.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

yeah, i think these people had an "accidental" litter and just wanted rid of them...so sad! If you or anyone knows anyone in the Peoria Illinois area, it'd be nice to see all 13 pups have great homes instead of ending up Lord knows where! They're charging $25 a pup...full blooded, no papers. Either way, it's still not right. My boyfriend got one too...a female and they'll be living together shortly. Oh, and you should see the apt., yes, APT. they came out of. Disgraceful. I wish I could help them all!

He will most likely be over 80 pounds that is for sure. Don't be surpised if he goes into the low hundreds.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

The thing about labs is that there are so many poor quality "purebreds" out there that a person picking up a lab puppy can end up with a 50-100 pound dog at 19-27 inches with god knows what type of personality. Yours looks surprisingly like a show quality dog except for that tail. He could tip the scales at over 100 pounds when fully grown. My neighbors have a yellow that is 110 pounds at two years old. He is the height of a great dane. We call him their horse. Yours looks a lot like this dog as a puppy. I can't answer your questions about size because of the problem of overbreeding, but you could be in for a big, big dog.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton