Thread: My 2 cent opinion on "Pet Food" *Edit*

Threaded View

My 2 cent opinion on "Pet Food" *Edit*

Sorry for the last minute delay it's all fix typo free. Dogs should not have to suffer with cancer When the last time did your grandparents died from Liver Cancer?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is our 2 cents about this whole ordeal. It's not a joke!

Dogs were not born to eat (peanut hull, by product, corn, sugar, preservatives, BHT, menadione bisulfate etc) the list goes on AND ON. Look at WILD WOLVES, genetically, scientists have PROVEN that they are the SAME animal as the animal sacking out on your sofa each night while you watch the tube. What do wolves eat? THAT is the kind of nutritious ingredients that our dogs thrive on, whether it be from a superb dry kibble or if you decide to home-make your pets meals or feed them RAW. When "we" were babies we were born to drink milk, not to drink candy, not formula filled with dyed and artificial products! I'm trying my darn hardest here to educate people about pet food and want better for their family members. To hopefully change their pet's life style and quality of life because they love them THAT much and it's WORTH it!

I think people have forgotten all about the "recall" from china where they have found vomitoxin, which killed millions of dogs & cats. If I'm not mistaken, I have also read about Solid Gold pet food where a woman was arrested for injecting meds that treat diseases into the foods in 1988.

The common diseases & illness millions of cats & dogs die from are
    Kidney Cancer
    Bladder Cancer
    Skin Cancer
    Stomach Cancer
    Spleen Cancer
    Leukemia
    Liver Dysfunction
    Major Organ Failure
    Immune System Collapse
    Severe Allergic Reactions
    Birth Defects
    Blindness
    Chronic Diarrhea
    Hair Loss
    and so on..

There are so many excuses that I'm tired of hearing! Some people are very stubborn and feel that their pets do fine, and live up to 15 years on commercial CRAP food. That's great but that's 1 out of 5. The retail chainstore bought brands (Wal-Mart, local grocery stores, K-Mart, etc) are filled with preservatives, non-specific ingredients, ingredient names that are code for other harmful ingredients that AAFCO allows them to camouflage as 'safe' ingredients & most if not all of the meats are really MEAL (meaning the non-edible parts, heads, feet, feathers etc) and are filled with chemicals. Not the top cuts that would be on your dinner table, but the 2 day old spoils, or the organs and such that people do not consume, commercial dog food companies use all of the 'leftovers' that you or I would throw down the garbage disposal! Not to mention, a lot of the 'top name brands' do horrifying and very UNNECESSARY testing on animals (IAMS and EUKANUBA to name a couple of the biggest). They take hundreds of dogs and cats and perform their experiments, creating much discomfort, agony and suffering for them, just to euthanize all that don't die of the study at the end anyway. They specifically have breeders for this purpose. To create life to torture it to death and kill them all prematurely when the 'test' is done... Personally, MY money could NOT support any of that... Proctor & Gamble are just as guilty with their products!

Guess where all of those cats & dogs go after being euthanized? They are being produced in pet food! How disgusting is that?

I'm so grateful & thankful for better value dog food that's out there. They are sometimes hard to find, but now tables are turning and more pet and feedstores are selling healthier pet foods, with human grade ingredients. The same beef, chicken, lamb, fish or pork you would be proud to serve on your dinner table. The foods any loved MEMBER of your family DESERVES!

It's just not funny. When we shrug it off of our shoulders & think it's cute that dogs are eating sugar, chemicals and so on. We are actually doing such a disservice to the companion animals we claim to love and want the best for... So prove it by feeding your dogs the BEST you can get for them! Many dogs have choked on cooked bones, twigs or even had blockages stuck in their intestine due to the undigestable matter in most 'commercial complete nutrition' formulas of dog food... Then people wonder, "why my dog has health issues..." Well there you go!

People need to wake up.

Misty now has AIHA b/c of the poor nutrition she had as a puppy & was from a BYB breeder; which means, it is probably partly due to genetics as well. My eldest dog died b/c we were too dumb and we fed her greasy foods, table scraps, and she gained so much weight she couldn't lose any of it for longest time... Then she was on Science Diet. MS are also very prone to pancreatitis, from eating too much fat, and it can kill them THAT quick! Pig ears for example, SHOULD never be given to a MS... It could be their treat to a death sentence. We were just like everybody else and used the same old excuses & sayings in denial etc

She died of cancer at 13 years old. Why did she have to suffer that kind of death and go through it? It was OUR responsibility to take better care of her nutrition and we failed, that will not happen again to ANY of our beloved family members.

I'm so over this right now I can just puke & shame on the people who don't want to see the TRUE outlook about their dog's life style. Doesn't your dog mean enough to you to want to do the BEST for them? Come on people!

Show your dogs how much they really mean to you... Do some research, find what's better, they deserve the best and they depend on YOU to provide that for them! We all take on that responsibility with EVERY pet we bring into our family. Now prove you are capable of delivering on that responsibility and provide your pet with the best that money can buy!

By
    Jennifer R.

Edited and revised by
    Jennifer Frutos
    [email protected]
    (Magisch Miniature Schnauzers)
    Last edited by MS_PAWS; 08-08-2007 at 12:20 AM.

Jennifer & Johnnie the wild child

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers -