Thread: Lexi's Accidents

1. Lexi's Accidents

Today I let Lexi out 3 times, and she did her buisness 3 times and then she came bak in the house5 minutes later and peed all over the rug!

Now it isn't just that because it isn't just in one place it was in 3 different places! She is now 9 months old and NEVER goes to the washroom in the house...she even stays home for 6 hours on weekdays while we're away! She has also been chewing up my cds which she also NEVER did before!

Does anybody know if cds can be harmful if ingested! Or why she is peeing all over the carpets

I know that cds have sharp edges when broken, cut or in this case chewed, but what foods are also harmful to dogs besides Grapes, onions and chocolate!

is she mad about something? i don't know much about dogs and their behavior yet, but i know when my mom's cat gets mad for whatever reason she'll pee somewhere to get even.

3. I don't think that's it...she is perfectly happy, even happier then ever!

two different problems

Having to deal with my Lab mixes the golden rule is that if one does not give a Lab something to chew on, they will find something (e.g. furniture is a favorite target). Needless to say I keep them well stocked with rawhide bones, and my furniture has survived! Every night they get a chew session for 15-20 minutes, before I take what's left away for the next night(s). Even after cutting their teeth a dog will continue to want to chew on "something". So get puppy some rawhide.

Wee wees after going outside and coming in is territorial marking. When you catch puppy in the act, you need to give it a whack with a newspaper (single section, not the whole paper), along with a very loud NO! You need to make sure that puppy understands its marking is not pleasing you. Likewise praise it like it just won the lotto when it's going outside. Another thing is to make sure the spots puppy has been going at inside are completely deordorized. Yes it might be time to shampoo the carpets. Just a little smell left over will be telling puppy that this is the "spot" to go at inside.

The mind set you want puppy to develop is that your entire house is its sleeping quarters, or inner most dening area.