Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this animal abuse?

Is this animal abuse?

The girl who annoys Jenna and me has a pet problem. She has 6 cats, 3 dogs, A zillion fish, 5 ferrets, and 3 guinea pigs. Well, she claims she is poor and she can't afford good food for herself. One of her ferrets has a HUGE tumor on its tail. She can afford Abercrombie clothes and all this junk she always wants but she can't afford to pay for the surgery for the ferret. Last I heard, this was a cancerous tumor. Also, my mom said she is breaking the pet limit. Her house is really small and is a complete mess. Poop,fur,pee,and stuff is everywhere. Is this bad for the animals?

Greyhound-lover Guest
    I would assume so. Although I love animals, I can't picture having that many... Sounds like she has more than she can handle, but if she has good clothes, she should spend the money on her furry friends.

I think its animal cruelty but unintentional. Some people just get in over their heads. Her situation would be what I would call an "animal hoarder" where they keep taking in more and more animals until they get in over their heads. And it isn't their intentions to neglect the animals' care, but in most cases, when you have that many pets, its very hard on them financially so the animals do suffer.

facebook

I mean, I really do feel bad for her pets. She puts her clothing, makeup (looks) before her pets.

♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

It's neglect, a form of abuse. Feces and urine everywhere is not healthy for anyone.

You could call animal control. If she has too many animals they will confiscate some and probably issue a warning about the mess. That's really all that is needed at this point.

I was also thinking about calling animal control. If she is doing this unintentionally, then I feel bad for her, but if she really does put her clothes and looks before her animals, that is sad and depressing.
    Please give animal control a call, and explain the whole situation, or maybe you could offer to help her find a couple of animals a home for her?

Steph and Splinter

Sounds like hoarding. You should get hold of animal control and have them take some animals. She sounds young yet so maybe she can learn and the problem will be remedied before it becomes full-blown collecting. Yes with feces everywhere it not only can harm the respiratory systems of animals, but also people. And walking on feces can cause burns on animals' feet.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Thanks! I do think it is unintenional(sp?). But I doubt my mom would call animal control. I just hope one of her neighbors does.

Yes, It's a form of abuse.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I hate it when people do that, buying stuff for themselves they don't even need other then saving there pet! One time my dad gave me money to go to the mall, but instead I spent it on a dog coller, flea collars, dog shampoo, and a new leash. I am not saying she needs to go out and spend ALL her money on her pets... just don't buy 100$ jeans when you can save your ferret!

Buffy- 2 yr. old brown/black chihuahua (Female)
    Willow- 1yr. old black chihuahua (Female)
    Bella- 3 month old blue/beige chihuahua (Female)
    Lexy- 4 yr. old grey/white/tan/black cat (Female)
    Hermin- red/white betta fish (Male)
    Chica- 3 month old tan/black chihuahua (Female)
    Vinny- 4 month old tan/white/black chihuahua (Male)
    Piki- White/red spotted betta (male)
    Bella's Website
    Willow's Website
    Buffy's Website

What really gets me though is she got a new puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    What really gets me though is she got a new puppy.
    AAAAAAGGGH!!!!

I don't think that she values her pets at all. Having that many suggests to me that they're like a collection to her. My blood is boiling thinking about those poor pets

And i don't know how she herself could live there with urine and faeces everywhere. I mean, that's disgusting for her too, i don't know how she would stand it

Zimbabwe 07/13

Sounds like a pet collector to me...

But just because she has "good" clothes dosent mean she buuys them for full price. Ive gotten lots LOTS of Roxy ,von dutch and even louis vuton and gucci things/clothes from the goodwill/value vilage. So maybe thats where she gose. Oh and the stuff is all new condition too.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I have seen her in the mall, and in Abercrombie. And she has uggs too, and you know those cost a lot