Thread: Eagle Pack Large & Giant Breed Puppy

Eagle Pack Large & Giant Breed Puppy

I have finally found the food to feed our Great Dane puppy. I researched a bunch of foods and this one was recommended by a Dane breeder. She has been breeding for 33 years and feeding this to all of her dogs. She has had no cases of bloat. It is the ONLY food with selected Wellness For Life Custom Supplements...

Digestive enzymes add to the already high digestibility of our diets and reduce gas.

Yogurt cultures (probiotics/beneficial bacteria), stabilize the digestive tract, reduce or eliminate gas, diarrhea and vomiting.

Inulin, a concentrated prebiotic, supports the growth of the beneficial bacteria and enhances their benefits.

It is also the only food ever tested on Great Danes from weaning to 18 months with no reported problems. I will feel very, very safe knowing that my puppy will grow at a slow, healthy rate.

Eagle Pack

Does anyone else feed this food?

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Sounds really nice. I'd try it if it were available around here. My puppy is going to be on a mostly raw diet, but I'll have kibble around just in case there's no time for feeding raw.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Sounds really nice. I'd try it if it were available around here. My puppy is going to be on a mostly raw diet, but I'll have kibble around just in case there's no time for feeding raw.
    Did you try their store locater? I was going to feed raw, but with a Dane you really have to be careful. Large/Giant breed puppies are not supposed to have more than 23% protein in order for proper growth. There have been several cases of puppies with growth problems because of raw diets. You can add 10 - 20% raw meat and some fruit and veggies to his dry food - but I think unless you know exactly what amount of vitamins and minerals are going into his food, it could be dangerous.

Well I've always heard that, but I have recently met some breeders who raise Labs on raw and they do fine. I'll probably know what I'm going to do for sure when it comes time for him to come home, but for now that is my plan. Although I may chicken out and feed kibble

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Well I've always heard that, but I have recently met some breeders who raise Labs on raw and they do fine. I'll probably know what I'm going to do for sure when it comes time for him to come home, but for now that is my plan. Although I may chicken out and feed kibble
    LOL! You think just like me! I want to feed raw so bad - but it is safer to wait until your puppy is 12 months old. This really only applies to large/giant breed puppies who have a rapid growth rate. I never want to deal with HOD, and without proper, balanced nutrition there is a greater risk for it. Both Danes and Labs are prone to HOD and Eagle Pack reverses the damage due to its added supplements. It is the only food on the market that has formulated a properly balanced diet for large/giant breed puppies.

I'll have to look into it then. I have tried their store locaters before and there are none around me, although I'll look again in case someone has started carrying it. If it's that good it may be worth it to have it shipped here!