Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you amuse your pets?

How do you amuse your pets?

Small animals and even big ones sometimes are hard to entertain, so how do you do it?

My buns love their garden rabbit run, means they can eat the grass all day, they also have a new tunnel which they love to hide under when they know it is time to come indoors for the night.

Thay also have some little toys to chew, but most of all they like to hunt out where I've hidden to food.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I dont my cat amuse,s me.

All three of ours Amuse us ALL the time... but if I want to AMUSE them.... We blow bubbles for The Beans or the Laser Dot. For Louie we have SEVERAL Tickle me Elmo's and various other "Talking" stuffed animals. They have to talk otherwise he won't play with them by himself.

Catnip parties once in a while. Not too often. I don't want them to become catnip junkies. They have tons of toys too.

For my Syrian hamster, LuLu, the best way to amuse her is to put her somewhere she's never explored before (like the coffee table) and let her run around checking everything out and seeing if she can put it in her cheek pouches. Of course, this only works because she thinks she's escaped, so I have to watch and make sure she doesn't really escape.

My dwarf hamster Rorie loves to take chinchilla dust baths and groom herself, and when I'm holding her she likes to play the 'shirt game', where she crawls up my shirt to my shoulder and then slides down the front of my shirt. She'll play this several times in a row and look like she's having a lot of fun.

My insane dwarf hamster Kini likes to run in her wheel or in her ball. She also likes to get into Rorie's bath and kick out all the dust. Like I said, she's insane.

The best way to entertain my guinea pigs is to take everything they say seriously. At least, it entertains me to have them staring into my face as they squeak urgently. I also like to put them on the kitchen floor, where they'll run around in a little train, Doom in front and Flake following. Even though they bicker all the time when they're in their cage, Flake always follows Doom around when they're running around on the floor. They get the most amusement out of eating the houseplants they're NOT supposed to eat.

Great Idea!

Heather, I love the idea of hiding food for the buns to find! I will try that tonight. Otherwise they love to get a bunny massage, play with their toys and chew on the books I'm reading as I sit on the floor with them. Last night, just for kicks I think, Chocolate leaned over a BIT me, as if to say I wasn't giving her enough attention and then ran away!!! Kids these days!!! They just don't respect their elders!!!

Oh, I've got someone puting Windows Media on my cpu tomorrow so I'll finally get to see your video!!! Thanks again. Progress at last!.

Oh, and I wanted to mention that last Saturday's POTD, Niles, is a twin for my boy Robbie.

How I amuse my pets

I amuse all six of my fur children by rolling Dixie her small rubber ball. She picks her ball up in her mouth and runs all over the house, talking with a MEOW MEOW MEOW. We say she is calling all kitties. Soon, the other five come running for the game of ball.The object is to catch Dixie and get the ball. She is so good at carrying the ball without dropping,while still Meowing, that the others very seldom get it. After the game all our ready for a cat nap. Dixie & gangs Mom

My little bun loves it when I create a human obstacle course for her.I lay on the floor on my side and she comes and runs around me. She also hops over me, then I pet her, then she hops back , and I pet her,etc.etc. cute!
    *jelly mcbean + maddie*

when Spacely runs on his wheel, its very amusing because he runs so fast some times he flips over. But when I have some kind of music on he gets up and watches me as if he can't see me

My gerbil, Sam gets amused pretty easily. lol. What she likes the best is exploring (or course cuz she is a gerbil and thats what gerbils do! ) It also amuses her whenever I give any kind of food to her, even if it is right out of the bowl she will sniff it, grab it with her mouth then run as fast as she can to the corner and eat it. She is also obsessed with her plasic tubes (CHEWING them lol ) She is also amused by tring to bury herself in her shavings and then go to sleep.

I bought the rabbits a little tunnel so when they go out into the garden in their run they hide inside it. Sometimes both rabbits sit in there. I think it must remind them of being in a burrow or something as they have to squeeze in there.

my husband made a low table to hide under !! Billie -the-bunnie loves it !!!!
    Sydney goes nuts everytime I play mice-ball with him !!!!! Runs around like crazy then !!!!!!!!!!! lol

Change of scenery

Every once in a while I will let my bunnies into a room they don't get to go in very often. They run around playing Explorer, it's pretty cute. Or I'll let them outside, usually in the back inside their portable fence. To make it interesting though, we'll live dangerously and go out the front door, or even the side of the town house and explore there!!!

They seem to love new territory. I even took Chocolate down to the huge yard sale they had in our neighborhood and she was a big hit. We must have been there 2-1/2 hours. She sat under a huge pine tree and greeted the public very graciously... She let everyone pet her, even the very little folks! She sure seemed to enjoy the attention.

Yes it is funny to watch rabbits explore. My rabbits wouldn't have been as hospitable as Chocolate, they run away when you go towards them. The only time the come to me is when they know I have food and also when i kneel down to their level, they love to climb on top of my back.

I amuse my 5 pets by doing stuff with them and talking to them. I know it sounds goofy to ''talk'' to your pets but I think that they listen. I also do it by if I walk in a room I bend down and pet their face and say ''hi'' to them.