View Poll Results: wich would you rather have?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dog

51 80.95%
  • Cell phone

12 19.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you trust more on a walk alone in the dark

Who would you trust more on a walk alone in the dark

Well maybe the question is what. would you rather have your dog with you or your phone?I'd rather have my dogs. No and ifs or buts about that.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Depends which dog honestly..I'd rather have both or Roxy, because Lily wouldn't protect me I don't think She's sort of a wimp.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I've never gone for a walk alone in the dark and probably never will, but if I ever did I'd only have the choice of a dog, seeing as I don't own a cell. If I did have a cell though, I wouldn't choose between the two. I'd take both it and a dog.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    I've never gone for a walk alone in the dark and probably never will, but if I ever did I'd only have the choice of a dog, seeing as I don't own a cell. If I did have a cell though, I wouldn't choose between the two. I'd take both it and a dog.

Same here. Whenever I walk Smokey people seem to want to avoid him.
    I guess he looks intimidating.He walks with tail up & curled over his back.
    If they only knew what a wuss he really is.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I wouldn't go for a walk in the dark, but I voted dog and that'd be Lacey.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Dog over a cell phone.But i would bring my cell phone just incase. I would bring both of mine too

Well, IF I ever went on a walk alone in the dark...I would definately take a dog (Shadow!! )

edit: I just realized the question which you'd trust not, not take...I would definately trust the dog because they can hear or pick up on things waaay before I'd be able to. Also I know that if I'm in trouble Shadow (Jack too, probably) would do their best to protect me. And in that case (if I had a cell phone) I would take both

edit again: okay..there are two different questions...I am not losing my mind!!!
    Last edited by k9krazee; 02-25-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I walk down my road alone in the dark, few street lights but I live in a fairly rural area. Always have at least one dog with me. Maggie probably can't do much but she is going to probably hear something before I do. Guess I choose dog since I have yet to take the cell with me.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Dog, definately. Ethan and Frisk especially, because they are both very protective of me. Skylar isn't protective of anything... when he's outside and sees a stranger or hears a strange voice, he trys to run toward it with his tail wagging!
    And if I had to choose between taking Ethan or Frisk, I'd take Ethan. I know Ethan will take action because he once bit a friend of my sister's (my sister's friend wasn't upset, he understood that he made the wrong movement and that it Ethan wasn't attacking him for no reason).

Well, I don't own a cell phone (gasp!). In the summer, I take night walks every night, usually with Tasha, sometimes with both Tommy and Tasha. I've always done this, when I was younger I took midsummer night walks with my collies too . They are some of the most peaceful times for me.

I think in this hypothesis, a dog definitely serves as a deterrent for anyone up to no good, however if you were just walking with a cell phone, unless it was in your hand with your finger on the auto-dial, I don't see how you could for sure get a call off if someone were to grab you.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

If I was alone, I would take a cell phone. If something were to happen to me, I would rather that I didnt have a dog there incase he got hurt. There are people in my area that wouldnt hesitate to kill a dog if it attacked/growled at them. I think it is far too dangerous to risk my life, let alone my dogs life too.

That being said - I would bring my husband AND my dog AND our cell phone! If my hubby was there - I wouldnt be scared of anyting. He would seriously hurt anybody that tried to hurt me or my dog. He is far more protective than any dog I have ever known.

• AMADEUS • AUGUSTUS • SEBASTIAN • THEODORE •

I used to walk alone in the dark all the time but now hardly ever. Our area has been going through a regression from suburbs to slums so now I am afraid. Autumn knows how to growl on command and will also growl at men she doesn't trust if they get too close. If I need to use a phone I couldn't see some mugger allowing you to call 911 while they stand there and wait.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    Well, IF I ever went on a walk alone in the dark...I would definately take a dog (Shadow!! )

edit: I just realized the question which you'd trust not, not take...I would definately trust the dog because they can hear or pick up on things waaay before I'd be able to. Also I know that if I'm in trouble Shadow (Jack too, probably) would do their best to protect me. And in that case (if I had a cell phone) I would take both

edit again: okay..there are two different questions...I am not losing my mind!!!

You Have A dog names Shadow? wow so do I he is an Spaniel.
    R.I.P. Spike....poor baby...Well we all know where all our past animals have gone....Spike you are in heaven with my Baby and i will get to see my baby again and I miss him... but he is just fine in heaven.

R.I.P. Spunky

who has nintendogs

I would rather have my dog becausehe barks at anyone who comes past my house and when we go for a walk he loves and protects me. I love my Shadow box ANd he loves me He will protect me in anything or from anyone he almost bit my cousin because we were play fighting in front of him. he is my little sweetheart and I love him.
    R.I.P. Spike....poor baby...Well we all know where all our past animals have gone....Spike you are in heaven with my Baby and i will get to see my baby again and I miss him... but he is just fine in heaven.

R.I.P. Spunky