Thread: Help!!!!

Help!!!!

My cat's....All 5 of them, will not leave us alone when we eat. I always leave down dry food (Purina Indoor Formula) which they love and feed them wet food every other day. Everytime we go into the kitchen to fix something to eat or even get a glass of milk, they run in there and get into it. I don't know what to do about it anymore. They act like their starving and they are most defintley not! I'm taking them all to the vet in March, 2 to get fixed and the other ones regular exams. I brought a stray home from work last month and I was wondering if maybe she had worms and has passed it on to the other ones. I don't see anything in their poop though. Anyone know what might be going on?

How long has this been going on? How old are the cats in question?

Simba is 7..but he's not really bad about it, Lake is 2, Pepper is 10 months, Cherokee is 9 months, and our newest addition Jasmine is 8 weeks. This has been going on for a couple months now and Jasmine has watched the other ones do it, so now she tries. I work in Home Health nursing and I had a patient who had 6 stray cat's living on their porch. They are not a welathy family and couldn't afford to buy cat food. The one female stray had kittens and I took one home. They were feeding them scraps and even frozen corn dogs! That's why I'm wondering if she may have worms. I bought them a 2 month supply of cat food and even though that patient has sinced moved to another state, I promised the family I would help them with food for the cat's. I can't stand to see a hungry animal.

Whenever our cats(we have 8)hear the 'fridge open, dishes coming off the shelf or out of the dish washer, aluminum foil rattle, ANY noise that comes from the kitchen, they are there!!! These cats are well fed, but they just want to see what is going on, will I miss something, is she/he going to offer us any, is it time for us to eat??? Cats are very much interested in the goings on at the house, especially if food is involved!! Good luck with your kitties and you are doing a good deed by helping to feed the cat. Can it be trapped, fixed, and adopted???
    Nine is Fine!!

Court,

If they haven't been tested for worms, best do it now. Usually a ravenous appetite is a sign of parasites. One shot of Drontyl and they'll be fine.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Definately test for worms, but I'd also switch foods. Purina is loaded with fillers, which could cause them to be more hungry. You'll pay more for a better food, but it balances out, because they eat less, poop less, and they are overall more healthy cats (an apple a day keeps the doctor away mentality)

I swear by Nutro Natural. The stuff is a wonderful food, good quality ingredients and it maintians urinary health, helps their coats so they shed less and have less hairballs, they poop far less and it smells a lot better than it does on Purina (can tell ya that one from experience)

As for their dance while you eat... why not split one can between them all right before you eat? My guys get one can once a day as a treat. One can divided into 6 doesn't give them very muchm but it keeps them entertained and happy. They think their little teaspoon of wet food is like striking gold each night. When you say they get wet food every other day - how much do they get when they get it? Is it a whole can to themselves or one can split like I do to my guys?

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Definately test for worms, but I'd also switch foods. Purina is loaded with fillers, which could cause them to be more hungry. You'll pay more for a better food, but it balances out, because they eat less, poop less, and they are overall more healthy cats (an apple a day keeps the doctor away mentality)

I swear by Nutro Natural. The stuff is a wonderful food, good quality ingredients and it maintians urinary health, helps their coats so they shed less and have less hairballs, they poop far less and it smells a lot better than it does on Purina (can tell ya that one from experience)

As for their dance while you eat... why not split one can between them all right before you eat? My guys get one can once a day as a treat. One can divided into 6 doesn't give them very muchm but it keeps them entertained and happy. They think their little teaspoon of wet food is like striking gold each night. When you say they get wet food every other day - how much do they get when they get it? Is it a whole can to themselves or one can split like I do to my guys?

Thanks for the advice....I usually give them half a can each. I buy the 9 lives cat food in the 4-pack. I stock up with about 20 cans most times I go shopping. I think I will try the teaspoon idea. My babies are royalty and whatever they want they can have..lol. We are def. taking a trip to the vet next month. I think Jasmine has worms because her stomach seems swollen. Bless her heart. Thanks again!

Poor Jasmine.
    Ask your vet about getting enough meds for all your kitties. I had to medicate Petey when Wilbur was adopted cause they share the litter box, even though I saw no signs of worms with Petey. That's what the vet recommended, so I just did it.

Catnapper - I feed my guys Meow Mix cause that's all they'll eat. I tried to switch them to Iams by mixing it 3/4, then half than 1/4, but they just wouldn't go for it. They share a Friskies moist food baggie thing every night after Jeopardy and know exactly when it's time. As soon as the music for Final Jeopardy plays, the punk-butt is right in my face! It's a challenge to hear the answers!