Thread: 8 Below and a grown man cries

8 Below and a grown man cries

I won't ruin it for anyone who wants to see it, but the dogs were totally awesome. All beautiful. During a certain scene, I heard a sound next to me, like a small gasp. I looked at John and he had tears running down his cheeks! Yeah, it was very emotional. I immediately thought of Glacier. I hope people don't start getting Huskies and Mals after seeing the movie, like they did with 101 Dalmations. Stay for the credits to see lovely paintings of the dogs on the screen. Sure would love to get copies. I couldn't wait to get home and hug and kiss Logan.

I've been Boooo'd!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    That's so sweet that he cried! I cried, too! I know my mother did, as well. I hope, too, that it doesn't have the affect on people that 101 Dalmatians did as far as wanting huskies and malamutes now. But, I honestly don't think it will do that, as there have been many movies about those types of dogs, and, I don't recall any kind of major thing like what happened with the Dalmatians. Hopefully, it continues to be a non issue, like it has been...unless I've missed something and there has been a rise in husky/malamute ownership due to a movie like White Fang, Call of the Wild, or Snow Dogs, Iron Will, etc...there are more, I just can't remember the names. Not that there hasn't been people who decide they want that type of dog once they saw a movie depicting them...but, like I said, I don't remember hearing anything about anything like what happened with the Dalmatians. Let's hope that doesn't change now!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I went and saw it last night and i must say it is an amazing movie. I almost cried a few times

8 Below was just a FANTASTIC movie! I absolutely loved it! You're right, some parts were very sad, but the whole movie was just great! I highly recommed this movie to those of you who haven't yet seen it!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Yeah remember Balto?? Hehe.

I have yet to see it but I've heard its just amazing. My friends went to see it the other night and asked if I wanted to come, but I couldn't because they were seeing the latest showing (10:55) and I had to work at 7am the next morning and didn't want to be out that late

facebook