Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Oh, dear God, no....missing

When searching and searching my heart for something to say to you Tamara. I basically seem to be at a loss for words. I just hope you know how much I respect you and how much all Pet Talkers respect you. I personally don't know how you do what you do and without complaint. I find it difficult to give my two dogs enough attention so I certainly can't fathom giving enough attention to 20+ dogs. I know your heart breaks right now and mine breaks for you. It's easy for me to tell you not to let this bother you but being the person you are, I know this isn't possible for you. I still pray for Delta to return every day and pray for you and Stuart to have the tremendous strength you need to get through this. God Bless you both and I'll keep hoping and praying that that handsome boy returns home soon.
    {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Prayers and paws crossed that Delta will still return. Some people would have given up already, but you aren't. Only someone who truly loves their dogs would be looking as hard and trying to find him as hard as you are now. Please, don't blame yourself!
    {{{HUGS}}}

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Such terrible news. I check daily hoping for his return.

Is there a way you can put up reward posters? Might incourage strangers to get off their butts & catch a stray that has been hanging about.

Also, where was Delta origionally found? Maybe he's gone back to his old home area? Maybe hes joined a pack of wolves or wild dogs? I've seen it before. esp if they lived in the wild for such a long time at a young age.

I hope you get your baby back

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    Such terrible news. I check daily hoping for his return.

Is there a way you can put up reward posters? Might incourage strangers to get off their butts & catch a stray that has been hanging about.

Also, where was Delta origionally found? Maybe he's gone back to his old home area? Maybe hes joined a pack of wolves or wild dogs? I've seen it before. esp if they lived in the wild for such a long time at a young age.

I hope you get your baby back

All the posters we have up say reward offered in huge red letters. I added Large Reward offered to the new newspaper ads.

Delta wasn't a stray originally. He was bred by an idiot who thought it would be easier to breed his own dog team, rather than calling any one of the many ads always in the papers giving away trained sled dogs. He bred one litter and decided that dogs were way too much work. He found homes for the puppies except Delta and Antare. They were born with some genetic shyness(their mother was timid). People don't adopt shy puppies very quickly. So until they were about 4 months old, they had food thrown at them and that was it. No socialization, no efforts to overcome the genetic shyness. At four months, the shelter had room for them. They stayed there until they were almost a year old. That's when they came to me. Took an hour to get Delta out of the truck that first day. He was frozen stiff with fear.

I can't see him joining a wolf pack, but he would definately hook up with other dogs roaming if he could. He's very good with other dogs and prefers them over people.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

(((HUGS))) to you Glacier.

Still, still, still praying for Delta. (((HUGS)))
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    All the posters we have up say reward offered in huge red letters. I added Large Reward offered to the new newspaper ads.

Delta wasn't a stray originally. He was bred by an idiot who thought it would be easier to breed his own dog team, rather than calling any one of the many ads always in the papers giving away trained sled dogs. He bred one litter and decided that dogs were way too much work. He found homes for the puppies except Delta and Antare. They were born with some genetic shyness(their mother was timid). People don't adopt shy puppies very quickly. So until they were about 4 months old, they had food thrown at them and that was it. No socialization, no efforts to overcome the genetic shyness. At four months, the shelter had room for them. They stayed there until they were almost a year old. That's when they came to me. Took an hour to get Delta out of the truck that first day. He was frozen stiff with fear.

I can't see him joining a wolf pack, but he would definately hook up with other dogs roaming if he could. He's very good with other dogs and prefers them over people.

Dose anyone know of a wild dog pack roaming the area? My friends golden would take off the thw wild pack for days or weeks at a time.. People even spotted the pack 60km away from her home!

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too much, but my own have just been restored so I'm posting!

I just checked the messages at home and there was someone calling about my lost posters. I called him right back, of course. From the description he gave me, Delta is in his area. A dog matching Delta's physical description, with a collar and tag just like his on, who is so skittish this guy can't near him & who is making friends with his dog, has been hanging around his place for a week. The area is a good distance from our house, but it's also on the main trail system--where I and many other mushers train. This nice man has been feeding the dog, hoping he could gain his trust. He just went to get his mail and saw my poster. I taped them to all the rural mailboxes I could find. I left him my cell number and he's going to call as soon as he sees Delta again. (I'm assuming the dog is Delta because that's what my heart wants to believe.) I'm at work, but I have permission to run out if he calls.

Please keep those prayers coming, paws crossed, whatever...just maybe they are working.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Oh please, please, please.........

So help me - just before I read your post I stopped and said a prayer that you find Delta..............very strong LES here right now!

Funny, you can still pray with tears running down your cheeks!!

PLEASE Be Delta! *HUGS*
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Please ~ please ~ please. Tamara I hope you can feel us all with you. Please Lord, don't let Tamara's hopes be dashed again.
    If you guys aren't reunited today, at least you have an idea of which way silly Delta is running so that you can't expand your search area for flyers and such.
    Last edited by kuhio98; 03-16-2006 at 05:24 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

My prayers are still with you, all paws are crossed here.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

i hope it's Delta!!! i am sooo excited to see some possible good news!

fingers, toes, and paws are crossed!!!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

may the Luck of the Irish be with you, and that Delta will soon be home! Sounds prominsing.... still praying for your sweet shy boy.