Thread: Is anyone aware of

Hybrid View

Is anyone aware of

I am from northern Wisconsin and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any Siamese or purebred cat rescues in this area. I want to try and foster some kittys but have been have a dificult time trying to find a group that is willing to work with me. Any ideas???I have already contacted the siamese rescue in Michigan. Don't know where to go from here??

*I've been Boo'd*

Isn't rosethecopycat from Wisconsin?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder
    Isn't rosethecopycat from Wisconsin?
    No, I think that she's from Florida.

Goto www.petfinder.org
    then go to "shelter and rescue groups"
    then click "Wisconsin"

Then look through the list to see which are closest to you.

And, what do you mean they will not work with you? Most rescue groups are begging for foster home! (there are never enough ) although some county agencies do not use foster homes (I know mine doesn't)

Here are a couple.

Siri Wine
    1025 Meander Run Locust Dale, VA 22948
    Phone: (540) 672-6373
    Voice Mail: (877)Meezer1
    Email: [email protected]

Charise Powell
    816 SW Cambridge Avenue Topeka, KS 66608
    Phone: (785) 271-5668
    Email: [email protected]

Since I'm geographically illiterate, I'll have to look at a map to see where Wisconsin is near.

Here's a couple of more.

http://www.catswithnoname.net/UScatbreedrescue.htm

http://www.homeagainid.com/news/arti...?storyid=14134

Good luck.

One suggestion - how about going to the closest Humane Society. They're always looking for foster homes. I'm SURE there's a meezer in there somewhere for you!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 02-26-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks Everyone

I really wanted to say thanks for all of the help. I did find a shelter that is about 20mins away and the director is coming on Wed. to check out our new set up for our foster. She said that there is a little seal point siamese boy that needs to be fostered and she thought that we would be great people for the job considering we have Chloe and 2 other cats. I am so excited I just can't wait to love him up. He is the same age as Chloe so as soon as we get through the meeting face to face we should have fun watching the two of them play. I will post pictures of our new foster room we have been working really hard.
    I can't thank all of you enough!!!

*I've been Boo'd*

Excellent! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Such great news. I truly enjoy fostering, and I am certain that you will too.

Great job!! Glad to hear you're getting a foster Meezer. Pictures are required here, ya know! Just kidding. Can't wait to see him.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!