Thread: I have a cat named Twister who likes to ride other cats is this normal?

I have a cat named Twister who likes to ride other cats is this normal?

I have a russian blue cat named Twister he is 7 months old, still a kitten but he still has the behavior even since we got him in October 2005 of running and jumping on my other two cats with out warning it may be kitten play do not know. Do any of you have cats like this? Or know anyone with a cat like this? Hope this stops when he turns 1 years old in July. Do any of you have any cats older than 1 that do this?

I have the same problem with my cat Hera. She will just be sitting there then she will take off running and attack my dogs or the other cat. Its kinda funny though to see a Rottie run from a cat. She is about 8 months old. But yes it usually slows down the older they get. My cat MoMo did it to but mostly stopped when I had him fixed.

HERA

MOMO

Your cat Hera looks sorta in some ways like my grey tabbt Precious

Your cat Hera reminds me of the looks of my cat Precious, yeah my cat Precious knows how to get Twister away sometimes my growling and hissing but sometimes he ain't afraid and just keeps chasing her even when she growls. But my orange tabby he crys before he is even biten, go meow and run, I sometimes call him Garfield is kind of heavy when I pick him out, lol.

Is Precious neutered yet?

If he is creating problems for Garfield, maybe a spray bottle of water would discourage Precious now and then. Some gentle discipline couldn't hurt the young 'un!

There are a lot of good ideas and experiences here, someone will have an answer for you.

Oh goodness how I know this one! Allen used to do it to my 100 pound dog Nicki. To this day, Nicki still doesn't trust him, and he outgrew that behavior 4 years ago

Its just kitten play. The older cats will put him in his place when they get tired of it, or when it starts to turn serious.

Yeah all of my cats are spayed and neuteured

Yeah all of my cats are spayed and neuteured it is Twister not Precious that rides my other cats, if Precious does anything it is just giving baths to Tiger which then those two start to fight cause he does not want a bath, lol. Yeah water works if she is being too rude, but disiplining Twister does not do anything he does not mind being sprayed with water still does not make him stop. He is just a kitten like a lot of it sounds he probably will stop it later on it life, lol hopefully. Yawns man am just waking up here, feel so tired like want to go back to sleep but am going out to eat breakfast in a couple of hours at I Hop. Yeah we always put Twister away when my dog is eating cause Twister trys to go eat too or eat her dog food or drink her water and lucky does not like it and will growl or bark when someone trys touching her food.

So he's still a kitten-brain, that's all! As my kennel boss says of some cats:"He's always remembering that he's supposed to be somewhere else."!

I'm sure he will settle down.

I'd be interested in hearing what happens in the next month or two.