Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I can't handle this

Gus is sooo cute. I have seen a lab/corgi mix before and they are SO funny looking, but in a good way There used to be a black lab/corgi mix that lived down the street from my moms house. He was about the funkiest thing I have ever seen! He was about 40 pounds, he had a true lab head, and a true lab body on 4 inch legs. He was this big dog on these little, bitty legs. It made me laugh seeing him walk I know it's not funny to laugh at a living creature, but I honestly think he was put on this earth to bring laughter to people.

Anyway, Gus is adorable. I hope you stay, Aly.

How ironic! remember the thread a few months ago about mixed breeds? I was at the vet's and saw this most adorable dog, just as GR as can be, hairy and adorable with 4 inch legs (LOL) and it was a Corgie/GR mix! So I just loved Gus's photo..what a cutie patootie! Sorta looks like Cody with short legs! Is it me or do you all think that Labs are the dominant gene? Whenever there's a Lab mix, the lab comes out full blast! Aly.....talk to me, girlfriend!

Your Gus is simply beautiful. He's the same color and looks a lot like my daughter's GEM, who may I add is looking for a boyfriend. Would your Gus be up to a long distance love affair

Originally posted by aly
    I actually don't think I'm going to start a Gus thread. It will rope me here longer.
    You saw right through that one, huh? Well, it was worth a try.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Chuck what an insightful and thoughtful post! I couldn't agree more!

Oh, Aly!!! You can't leave! We all love you!!! It just wouldn't be the same here without you! Please don't go!

Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    Ok I have a question, I don't know if this is a bad question to ask, or what....but it's been bugging me for a while. Didn't I do a watercolor of a dog named Harley for you? I was gone for a long time then I came back one day I didn't see Harley. You had that sweetie Lolly that I hadn't seen before...hope that's the right name! Adorable dog, what mix is she?
    Yes I rescued Harley from a kill shelter in December 2000. I had to rehome him 5 months later due to him wanting to kill my cat. I was very open about it and you can do a search for it and read the thread. I can't do the search for you because it is the hardest and most hurtful thing I've ever had to do. I tried everything to fix the problem with Harley but he's a terrier and it couldn't be helped. He even pulled Shiloh off a table by her tail and pinned her down. At the advice of 2 different canine behaviorists, I rehomed him through WH Fox Terrier Rescue. A WONDERFUL woman worked with me and he is in the PERFECT home, happy as a clam. He is still in my heart and I am still devastated about him. I cry everytime I see a WH fox terrier now. I have nothing to hide about that situation.

Lolly is a Dachshund/WireHair Fox Terrier/Poodle mix. She's the smartest dog I've ever had and she's such a joy for me. I began fostering her 2 or 3 months after Harley left and I was never able to let go.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly, I hope you don't think I was trying to start something by asking that. It's just something that I've been wondering about but I never dared ask. I don't even know what is going on with all of this fighting. I'm sorry to hear you had to get rid of him, but it sounds like it was the best thing for him. He's in a happy home, and you can't have poor Shiloh getting injured! Some dogs just can't get along with cats (I don't think my dogs could). Part of it could be that terrier prey instinct, I don't know.

Lolly is just adorable! She has such a sweet face. And Gus is cute too! It's strange the mixes that can happen. I know a dog that is a pug/lab mix! A interesting looking dog, but very cute!

I know a dog that is a pug/lab mix! A interesting looking dog, but very cute!
    Now that has got to be one cute dog!!!!!!!! I would love to see a picture!

Aly, Chuck is probably right (he usually is) and we don't want to belabor this BUT.. the title of your thread is "I can't handle this". Aly dear, now that I have met you I beg to differ. You can, and will handle this in your most heartwarming style. You are a gem, a treat and a pleasure to meet. I feel extremely lucky to have met such a wonderful, feeling human being. Don't change a bit. xxxooo Laurie p.s. I've told everybody about Reese's treats and having to go back to my room to get some when I forgot to bring them to your or Sammi's room give Lolly & Reese an extra treat from their auntie Laurie
    Last edited by lbaker; 04-20-2002 at 07:56 AM.

His name is Chance, and he's my aunt's dog. But I haven't seen him in quite a long time. He's pure black, and looks a bit like an oversized pug! lol. If I remember right he has kind of a pug face, but more of a lab body/tail.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know a dog that is a pug/lab mix! A interesting looking dog, but very cute!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that has got to be one cute dog!!!!!!!! I would love to see a picture!

Hey! What the heck is going-on?
    I took a bit of a break a month or so ago (I was spending WAY too much time on PT),
    and come back to find out that............well, enough said I guess.

I'm sorry, I really am trying not to be nosey. It's probably a done & over issue (I hope) for everyone concerned. Maybe someone could clue me in privately, if it's appropiate. If not, then I understand. I am not someone who takes sides.

Please don't leave Aly! We need people like you here (and everywhere for that matter)
    You also made me feel good and welcome when I first arrived at PT, and your passion is greatly admired by many.........especially me!
    Take care, and be back

Aly, I have no idea what the heck is going on here. I left for a while for personal reasons. But if the reason is because you had a disagreement with one or more persons on this board that is no reason to stay away. To be honest, I don't think I would ever be "friends" with a few people here. Freedom of speech is what this country is all about! When it comes down to what you say vs what someone else says look at it as a learning experience. Don't take things to heart. Agree to disagree. If you are not harming anyone and you have a strong belief in your feelings, then listen to what someone else has to say, think about it and if there is some reason for you to agree then do so. If not then so be it. This board shouldn't become political. It should be a place where people who love animals can express there feelings or beliefs without fear of retribution. We all know that you love animals and want the best for them. Let that be your flag and carry on. You seem to be such a sweet person. With so much negativity in life you are one of the few that brings a smile to my day. Don't go. Stay and stand up for your beliefs.

Hey guys,

This was my last day of work for the week (my weeks are a little different from normal work weeks). I came home and took and nap and woke up with a clearer head. I've been under so much stress lately that when I came home the other night to try to relax and read Pet Talk, I was really frusterated that it pushed my stress level over the edge. I did also decide though that I have made many dear friends here and I do not want to be chased off. I may take a break or post less frequently for awhile though.

This is just an example of the stressful things I had to deal with today alone:

• A coworker and I found 4 bottle baby kittens in a box outside work. We brought them in and washed their dirty faces and fed them formula with syringes. We spent a lot of time with them and they looked so healthy when we were done. I really bonded to them too much and was even thinking of fostering and trying to get Shiloh used to kitties so *maybe* I could take one. Later in the day, we found out they were positive for FIV though and they had to be put down
    • A girl brought a dog she found to us because the road to the city shelter was closed for half the day for construction. It was a pit, obviously used for fighting AND breeding. She was in such bad shape, it was SO hard to see. And we had to call the city shelter to come pick her up because there was no way we could put her up for adoption. She was very sweet, but "unsafe". I just can't stand even thinking about her because I think she may probably already have been PTS
    • A customer screamed in my face that I was evil and awful. I had to deny him for a puppy for reasons that are too numerous to mention and he flipped out. I did it in a very nice way, but he didn't want to hear a word I said from the moment he walked in.
    • There is now a battle between the 'back' staff (clinic, receiving) and the 'front' staff (adoption, administration) at work. They started a nasty petition to try to get my superviser fired and basically called all of us brainwashed. Its just very messy and ugly and I won't go into it but it is causing a lot of friction and making everyone's day even more stressful.

So I appologize if I sounded like a big baby about this whole situation or if it looked like I just wanted attention. That wasn't the case. It was just really I couldn't handle it. I feel better now and really appreciate all the messages I got! I'm still going to finish answering them all. Sorry if I haven't answered you yet. I haven't had much time this weekend because I've been crashing in bed every night after work.

By the way Laurie, no need for me to give them extra treats. They helped themselves and broke into a bag of treats today while I was gone
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh, Aly, you poor thing! It sounds like you had a very hard time. I'm sorry about all of the strees. I hope everything gets better fo you!

Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)