Thread: I'd like to introduce myself

I'd like to introduce myself

Hi! My name is Briane and I have a German Shepherd dog named Cyan. Cyan has a very sad story. She was... left. I can't say abandoned because, well, it wasn't abandoned.

Everyday when I would come home from my best friend's house I'd see that same dog, sitting on top of the road hill. I would stare at him and figured her had a home. But after a while I wanted to know what was up with the dog. I went up to the neighbor's house and talked to her. She had some extremely bad news for me. She told me the two owners had died, she had tried taking the dog in but the dog didnt like her cats, and the local shelter was full. She said the dog would sit in the road 24/7 waiting for his owners to come back. No one had known it was their dog, and she was afraid to call because of the dog's hate for cats, and since that was a fault for a tempermant test at our shelter, they wouldn't adopt her out. She said the dog had only been there for a little while. She said she had been trying to find a home for the dog but hadn't been having any luck. I ended up feeling sorry for the poor dog and took him in. He's really turned out lovely but when we go for rides in the car he acts like he's looking for his owners. It's really sad, but I'm glad he's still not homeless. He's a really great dog. Anyway, that's his story.

Just wanted to introduce myself and my dog!

Such a sad story, but now she has a new forever home.
    Welcome to Pet Talk.

----<---<--<{(@

Briane and Welcome to Pet Talk.

I'm Anna and I have three dogs (Roxey-husky, Huney-chow and Bon-mastiff).

I'm glad to know that Cyan now has a loving home to spend her days with and I hope that one day she doesn't feel the need to look for her owners any more.

Looking forward to getting to knowing you and Cyan. We love pictures here, so if you have any to share we'd love to look at them

Yes, I forgot to say, I will post photos very soon!
    Cyan is the GREATEST dog in the world!

Welcome!!!!
    Yippee! A GSD!!
    My name is Angie & I am owned by 2 GSDs, both are rescues. One (Sierra) was picked up as a stray at 6 months and I adopted her from a GSD rescue. Then later the same year I adopted Buddy from a kill shelter after he was dumped in the woods and was living alone in an abandoned barn.
    I hope you stick around here for a while! I hope we get to see pictures soon!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

to Pet Talk!!

My name on this forum is "Maya & Inka's Mommy", and I am from Belgium (Europe). I have 4 cats (Maya, Inka, Zazou and Snoopy), and a bunny Billie. You can read all about me and my pets on my web-site: The Pet's House
    (please sign my guestbook)
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Welcome, Briane, to Pet Talk! What a lovely story of how you and Cyan got together, sad, but wonderful how you took such a loving dog in. Sounds like you have given Cyan a wonderful forever, loving home. Thanks for sharing you story with us.

My name is Willie, and I am owned by two Chihuahuas, two cats, one Cockateil, and one Capuchin Monkey by the name of Mario. My daughter and her husband is staying with me for awhile, so we have an extra cat staying, by the name of Moo Moo.

Again, I want to welcome you and Cyan here.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Welcome to Pet Talk