Thread: I want to

I want to

I thought I would say thanks, for everyone for being here for me after Samantha passed on. I don't think I could have gotten through it
    without all the support here. It has been really rough on us since she
    has passed. Especially for little Tucker.

He does not understand why he will no longer be seeing his sister.
    He is very lonely without her being here. We have been trying to
    shower him was much attention as we can. But I still do not think
    it is same as having his sister here.

My husband has talked about adopting another dog. I wanted to wait
    for awhile. But I can tell that Tucker needs another dog here for company.
    He did whine alot after Samantha passed on. Now he has calmed down some.

I just do not want people think we are bad or trying replace our sweet girl.
    That is not our intensions at all. I just hope everyone here can stand behind us.

I'm not sure when we will add another dog. I don't think it will be tomorrow. But it might be in another few weeks or so. We are currently looking at dogs at the shelters near us. None of the dogs have really called out to me yet.
    I'm sure it will take us some time.

Again..please do not think we are bad. It would hurt me really badly. I just have to do this for Tucker more then us.

No one here will think badly of you - we would all do the same. You know when the time is right to bring a new dog into your home. He/she will never replace Samantha in your heart. Please give little Tucker an extra cuddle from me
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

We had to do the same when Retread died. Buttons knew he was gone but he was so depressed we were worried he would grieve himself to death. We got Mandy only two weeks after Retread died, alittle soon for us but just in time for Buttons. You do what you think is best for your family.

You truly have my condolences for Samantha. I thought about her all day when I heard she passed. It's so hard loosing any dog but a puppy must be very tough.

(((HUGS)))

Nobody here will hold that against you. Only you know when the time is right to bring another dog into your home, and we all know that a new dog won't replace the one who is lost.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Again, I'm very sorry about Samantha. I have a hard time knowing what to say, but I realize the pain you must feel.

I don't think that anyone would feel you were replacing Samantha. I hope Tucker is doing ok.
    Last edited by Pembroke_Corgi; 02-20-2006 at 03:55 PM.

You need to do what is best for your dog and for you........if getting another one, right away, works, then do it!!!

I have been having those "pangs" to find an indoor companion for my Lilly, since we lost our Murphy, who stayed indoors with her, during the day. I'm trying not to act on them, right now, since we have two others, who prefer to stay outdoors, during the day, but still, it nags at me.

Best of luck for you and your family.

Logan

Again, I am so very, very sorry. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose a dog so young. You are still in my thoughts.

We don't blame you for wanting another dog. No dog can ever replace Samantha in your heart, we all know that. Alot of us have been there. I hope you can find the perfect dog for you.

((Hugs for you, your family, and Tucker.))

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

nobody is going to think different of you. like Logan said,
    you need to do what you think is best for your dog and you. Best of luck!
    (((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Thanks, everyone. It really does mean alot.

We talked some more and we decided to wait for awhile. I'm not sure how long it will be. We are talking maybe in another 3 to 5 months, maybe longer.
    I want to get another companion for Tucker, but I don't want to do it this soon.

We did decide to add another member to our family today. We now have another rabbit. I will have to post couple pictures of him later. He is one
    of the sweetest bunnies I have ever met. Of course my other rabbit is
    sweet too. It is just he is tad bit more friendlier, not sure I spelled that right.
    I guess maybe because he is a male, and didn't come from a pet store.
    Don't worry the rabbits are not in a cage together. I won't put them
    together until they are both fixed or one or the other. That is if they even get along.

That's good you got another rabbit. Maybe it will give you even more company to help you cope with Samantha's loss. I'd love to see pictures.

((HUGS))

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

You have our support here whatever you do.

Thankyou. That is all I wanted to hear.