Thread: Sharing a Story

Sharing a Story

I thought I would share this little touching story for you.I was on dogster yesterday and i was on one of those strolls and was going through the Bichons and there was this one, Sugar who died last month and apparently the owner had lost the previous dog she had,also a Bichon to cancer at the age of 5 and on the night he dog died,she had her husband go and get another one from a breeder(Sugar the one who had recently passed on).I the decided to write her about Ruffles and what we went through with him and that we were not going to get another one,but of course we ended up getting Fritz and said it was the best thing we could have done.She told as if the dog itself was speaking that it had diabetes and kidney trouble the last year and had to be put down.The husband had it done and he cried,same thing as with my dad with Ruffles.She went on to say that they were not going to get another one until they read about what i had said about Ruffles and not getting another one,that they are indeed going to get another Bichon.That really made me feel really touched that i could help somebody like during a time like this and it make think about Ruffles and brought out some of the feelings I felt on the day he passed on.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

What a great story Barry. I can imagine that you do feel like a million bucks with such an accomplishment. After the loss of our beloved pets, it's almost impossible to think of getting another one. The loss just takes all the energy we have and major guilt feelings arise also. We seem to feel as if we're betraying the memory of our RB pets if we acquire another pet after their passing. It's very very difficult. Thank goodness you were able to convince them to take on another little companion. The new pet won't replace Sugar but the healing process will begin and they'll hopefully get better every day. Thanks for sharing

Are they thinking of getting another Bichon? If only they could meet Fritz. They would fall in love with him

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

That is such a sweet story.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!