Thread: Aquarium

Aquarium

Hello everyone! I wondered if some of you have had experiences with cats and aquariums! I'd love to have an aquarium, I find it really relaxing! But, most of all, I think the cats would enjoy it as well! I'm moving to a small appartment (see Moving soon... in Cat Behaviour) and it could be a valuable source of entertainmet for the kitties. Am I right??

Nita

Hola Nita!

I think that's a great idea, the cats would probably sit and watch it all day while you're at work.

Have you met your new neighbours yet? I hope Sirocco and Neelix will be able to enjoy the patio! Do they get along?

You could also build something they can climb in - perhaps along one wall, if there's space enough - or high up! I once saw a program where someone had built some tubes and other stuff for their cats to run through, along the ceiling in their house. Fantastic, but quite a big job to do!!

Let's hear more soon!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hola, Randi!

First, great to see you here!!

Well, I'm moving next week, so I'll meet my new neighbours very soon.... I won't bring that topic straightforward... but I don't think there'll be any problem, for I'll let the cats out only late at night and supervised! The neighbours are mostly young couples, so I hope they will understand! (I'm afraid that really elder people here in Spain are not very keen on pets - the way they were taught, you know ) Anyway, I'l keep on reporting on my situation!!

Neelix and Sirocco haven't met yet, we brought neelix to the vet, to have a complete check made, and the results haven't come yet, though the vet said that he seemed fine!

I'll keep you updated!

Nita

I think an aquarium would be soothing for you and interesting to your cats. I like Lut's suggestion that it have a very secure top, too.

I'm not fully awake yet. When I first read your post I was thinking of one of those large public aquariums, and very confused picturing you standing in line with your cats to buy your tickets. Wondering what sort of pricing issues would come up for the cats and doubting they'd even be allowed in. Finally caught on when I got to Randi's post. [But it was an interesting mental picture!]
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Lut, I love the pic!!! Of course, I'll protect the fishes somehow

Nita

Originally posted by AmberLee

I'm not fully awake yet. When I first read your post I was thinking of one of those large public aquariums, and very confused picturing you standing in line with your cats to buy your tickets. Wondering what sort of pricing issues would come up for the cats and doubting they'd even be allowed in. Finally caught on when I got to Randi's post. [But it was an interesting mental picture!]
    Amber, very interesting and funny mental picture!
    You made me laugh! Thank you very much. All this move thing stresses me a lot, so I need your heart-lightening comments!

Nita

Yes, I think an aquarium would be a good idea for you and the cats. This would definitely be something to entertain them while you are gone. Good idea!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Such a good idea Nita - the furkids will love it. Just make sure there is a hood thingy on top so the sweethearts can't go 'trawling' through with their paws!!
    Our R/B Kisi used to do that with our goldfish tank - she never caught a fish and always got fed-up and presented me with a very wet paw for ME to dry!!!
    Good luck with the move too - we'll keep paws and fingers crossed here for you - terrible time eh?!!

Lynne