Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rottweilers

My Rottweilers never were lap dogs. Winston (Doberman) definitely thinks he is, but not the Rotties. They all prefer/ed their own space, and if they wanted to cuddle, they'd lay/sit close to us.

When I stayed at a campground for a couple of weeks, there was a Rottweiler "next door" and she was alone most of the time. I randomly started throwing sticks to her but kept my distance. After I've watched her with her owner, I discovered she could do the most amazing tricks! So, when I tried to get near her by the trailer I was way too terrified she would eat me. After a while I actually got as far as touching her and then everything happened by itself You should have seen the jealous looks from the other campgrounders when I cuddled the hell out of that dog Miss her so much

Wow, what a coincidence. Even though I always loved Rottweilers my love for them was cemented when i went camping with my parents years ago. a couple "blocks" over there was this couple with a HUGE German Rott. I still don't think I've seen in person any Mastiffs as big as this gal. And she was the sweetest thing. (Her only "flaw" is that she was food aggressive.) Her paw prints were so big that the ranger station was getting several complaints each day of bear prints in the campground! LOL. She was such a sweetie though. I hung out over there a few times while we were at that campground. She never even once paid any mind to my Rat Terrier.

Quote Originally Posted by squigglyline~
    When I stayed at a campground for a couple of weeks, there was a Rottweiler "next door" and she was alone most of the time. I randomly started throwing sticks to her but kept my distance. After I've watched her with her owner, I discovered she could do the most amazing tricks! So, when I tried to get near her by the trailer I was way too terrified she would eat me. After a while I actually got as far as touching her and then everything happened by itself You should have seen the jealous looks from the other campgrounders when I cuddled the hell out of that dog Miss her so much

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I have two at this time,but have owned a titled quite a few..
    Daphney and her son Elwood
    could not get pictures to work so I'll try something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've always loved Rotties. Handsome dogs.

Rottie's are the most wonderful dogs!!! My family was blessed with Natasha for six years, she was given to us when she was only 2 mos old, and we had never had one, we followed the advice of the vet, kept her inside for her hips, she was raised with my two RB cocker's and had no idea she was as large as she was. At her healthiest she was 130lbs. Very large for a female...lol She was a miracle to us, the only one of a litter of eight to survive, and her mother died just two months after she was born from old age. Natasha was as sweet and loving as any dog I have ever seen, she loved all of us and thought she was a lap dog like the cocker's. When she became ill we fought with everything all of us had to keep her with us as long as it was not at the cost of her suffering, when she came out of remission we agreed it was time to put her to rest. It was a hard decision for all of us, for anyone that met her fell inlove with her including her vet, she actually had to have another vet give her the shot to put her to sleep, as she was crying right along with my family. I would love one day to have another one. I wish everyone could meet one that has been raised correctly and loved they way that they are meant to be and they would see there is nothing to fear!!!!!!