Thread: hi what is a labrador can i see one in your pic pls??

hi what is a labrador can i see one in your pic pls??

i have a real problem ....not that big but i want to know what is a labrador pls reply and 10x!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    caroline attard

From the akc website:

The beloved Labrador Retriever is playful, loving to people and hardworking. The Lab can be counted on as a true friend anytime, anyplace, and is highly respected for his prowess at many jobs: as a guide dog for the disabled, a search-and-rescue dog, and for narcotics detection.

The Labrador is a member of the Sporting Group and was first recognized by the AKC in 1917.

http://www.akc.org

Both of my dogs (Sadie and Cincy) are lab mixes. Their pic are up at http://community.webshots.com/user/sadiesdad

Another good lab website:

http://www.justlabradors.com

Presley is a pure bred lab.. She is reg through the CKC (Canadian Kennel Club). You are more then welcome to take a look at her pictures.
    There is basically 2 types of labs, But i will post a link to a site that they basically say there is 3 types. One is the *English* type. They are more bulky,boxy head,shorter to the ground, and distinct otter tail. They say they are more stronger willed.
    The North American is taller, leaner,longer face, And they say they are is not too active and not as strong-willed.
    And this is what they say the thrid is... The field trial type. I believe Presley falls in this line!! She is bred for this. A dog that was trained for his working ability. That can be either type (English or American). THe feild trial active, strong-willed dog and it needs to do its field trial work. Presley was bred for hunting, Also her mother has some feild/hunt titles under her so this will be what we will be trying with Presley.

Anyways here is a site you can read about lab types.
    Different types

Here is Presley's picture site,
    Presley's Pictures

Here is another site to help you learn about lab problems such as eyes/hips/ and so on
    labbie.com

If you would like anymore links to sites or have questions please ask...