Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: miniature..

miniature..

Dalmatians
    I was reading on another board and they had a thread about miniature dalmatians.I dont know if i believe it or not.
    what do you think?

http://www.miniaturedalmatians.com/

It's believable. You would just breed small dalmation to small dalmation and they eventually become "miniature".

Whether or not it's a good idea is a whole different story. I've heard it can cause lots of defects but that could be just a rumor I heard.

They don't even look to be purebred in most of the pictures. All of this designer breed thing is absolutely ridiculous...

You should PM Suki_Wingy about this. I don't remember the low-down on these dogs, but they are definitely not purebred. Like Orangutango already said, they certainly don't even resemble a purebred Dal. It's not only ridiculous, but atrocious and a nice slap on the face to all the reputable breeders trying to undo the damage these "breeders" are doing.

What in the world? The little one looks like a Jack Russell. I seriously thought it was a puppy but apparently it's a "toy". That definetly can't be from breeding small Dal to small Dal. There's something mixed in with it.

Oh yeah... definitely not purebred, that's for sure. They just call it a Dali because it has spots. UGH!! Designer breeds are getting so out of hand

facebook

It's funny because they say "miniature Dalmations" have the same conformation as "standard" Dalmations (FWIW - Dals come in ONE size!), yet, they have no pictures of a stacked "miniature Dalmation". Since when did man become so corrupt so that money dictated their whole lives? Sometimes, I'm so ashamed of man...

Edited to add: You must be kidding me. This thing has got to be a spotted Chihuahua...
    Last edited by Giselle; 02-17-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Giselle,the one you posted does look like a chihuahua. And i agree they dont look purebred at all.

Tha ABC kennel club? I don't think anything on that webpage looks real. Somebody try sending an application and see if you get either phony info or info about byb's. That first picture next to the standard looks like a dalmation in mini. It didn't lose anything in ratio of head structure. I don't see any adult pictures though, only puppies. The spotted chihuahua is amusing, I'd die crying if people actually fell for that one.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

To quote PT Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Please email Gene at your own risk. He sent me a very nasty email with about a swear every two words. He called me a Lieing Fing B**ch but the whole word when I emailed him a whole thing CALMLY asking about the genectics and everything. I can't find my original email to him, although it was about the how tri-color is pretty uncommon and brindle is extremely rare in DalmatiAns, How they are very common in whippets and how the "dilutes" (blue) look like IGGYs to me. Also it is very obveous that they were crossed due to the messed up spotting. The standard and Dal
    Club of America emphsizes spotting and general shape to be the true type and specialty of the breed. I mentioned AKC as a refrence about twicee.

this is from WDLB:
    I received a reply from Gene the mini dal guy. I will censor it, although he did not. Really sounds like someone you would want to do business with, doesn't it.
    Dear E.M. First off, What I do with my BLOODLINE is none of your f***in
    business. Why don't you stick your nose into the other miniature breeds'
    business. Show me any AKC dalmatian and I will show you a fault. I sell
    unique pets which have taken me over 18 years and a hundred thousand dollars
    to produce. I can garantee my pedigrees, AKC can't, because I know for a
    fact that AKC breeders have switched papers, registered puppies to a
    deceased parent and it goes on and on. AKC, no thanks, I'll let idiots like
    you support the handful of millionaires on the AKC board. You stupid
    fool.You don't have s**t for brains.My BLOODLINE is MINE, not yours or
    AKC's, but MINE and it is the only game in town. We go by my rules or you
    don't play. Other breeders can breed their imperfect dalmatians for show,
    breeding,etc.,etc.. The Worlds Only Miniature and Toy Dalmatians are bred to
    be a personal companion and PET. And, I don't have to have your f***in
    permisssion or I don't have to have AKC's f***ing permission. Before, you
    start comdeming something, that you don't know anything about, I would get
    on a plane and ask permission to come and see in person this new and
    exciting breed, before I made a fool out of myself, but thank god I'm not
    you. Gene Connell, Master Dog Breeder

And my relpy:

Well thank you very much, Master Dog Breeder, for your impulsive reply. I would very well guess I am rather more intelegent than you. It took me a long time to write out what I though was a well written, calm letter. I guess not. I am by no means wealthy, I just have seen the sweat and toil people put into making sure their dogs are as close to the standard as possible. I was not saying in any way that they are perfect. I think that if someone wanted just a pet they would adopt one of the millions of healthy stable pets on death row. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, and I wish you a good day.

I almost want to find something to take him to court for.

Niņo & Eliza

That response alone is all we need to confirm that he is NOT reputable and only in it for the money, not the well-being of the animals' at all.

facebook

That makes me soooo sick to my stomach. This is stupid, ridiculas, and somewhat inhumane. I wish people qould lay off this dumb designer dog thing, altogether.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I've heard of them before. They're so cute! Someone in my old 4-H group had two, they were so friendly and beautiful... what's weird is that they had wooly fur instead of soft bristly hair. I have nothing against THEM, but the breeders are stupid making these designer breeds

Well done Suki Wingy for doing that!!!!

They are NOT miniature dalmatians its obvious to everyone. I have no idea who they are trying to fool. The response to that e-mail is un-called for & un-neccessary. I can't believe they have the nerve to call themselves breeders!!! I hate it when people to do that it makes me so angry, to see that!!!
    Hannah-Lily

Lily's Dogster - http://www.dogster.com/?217854