Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??New UPDATE!

Hybrid View

I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??New UPDATE!

Sorry because I don't reply as much as I used to do . I make sure you all get pics from my cats, but that's about it, as I cannot spend much time on my pc.
    What is wrong with me??
    Some of you must remember my continuous back problems over the last years. I had a major operation in 2003, when I got an artificial disc implanted.
    But that is just the beginning of he troubles... .
    Within 1 year I got 2 blood-clots in my legs: I am forced to take bloodthinners for the rest of my life... .
    The worst is this: end of 2004, I lost feeling in my legs, could hardly walk or stand. I was in hospital during 2 weeks then. Part of my lower legs was paralysed and numb. After the removal of bone-marrow from my spine, and several brainscans, a conclusion was made: it was almost 60% sure that I have MS (multiple sclerosis). Not 100% sure, so I am NOT allowed to take medicine to stop MS yet.
    Since November this year all my joints are hurting terible, and it is very painful to get up from sitting, and put weight on my legs. I got cortizone shots in January. For nearly 3 weeks, the pain was much less, and I believed I was finally getting better.

BUT............ it just doesn't work for me. All the joints and muscles are extremely painful again. I can hide it very well to other people, so lots of friends don't know till I tell them... . I really am at my wits end now. What will happen with me? Do I have MS or not? If not, what is wrong then?? I am not in doubt that it IS MS, as my mom has it in the highest degree. She is paralysed 100% (she is 83)... .

I phoned my neurologist today and told her all about what is going on now. She sais she wants to see me asap, so that will be coming Tuesday afternoon. She also gave me a scaring message: "Be sure to bring your PJ's with you: I think it is possible that you have to stay in hospital for tests.."
    Tests???? OMG, that means another withdrawel of bone marrow from my spine. It is VERY painful, and you have to lay down (head lower than feet) for at least 24 hours.. . If not, your brain might get hurt and give unbearable headaches! Lots of unpleasant tests will follow...
    I am so scared and upset right now. I am sorry for venting here, and for this long post. But I really need my friends now! I don't know how to handle this situation any longer. I try to be jolly, but I just cannot do this any longer
    I am so nervouss but also very depressed; I am just sitting or lying there all day, worrying and worrying. The result is that I sleep badly too now...

I need help from my friends here on PT. I am desperate....

ps; Thanks God for my furry nurses. I don't know what I would do without them!! They fell something is wrong, and they come and lay on me on the couch.
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 03-10-2006 at 04:33 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I had a friend get diagnosed with MS recently, I thought it wasn't that hard to determine? MS as you know is degenerative over the years, you could have these types of symptoms for years from what I understand. I hope its not that....I know the older I get things just hurt more, could it be arthritis:?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm so sorry you have been going thru all this and more to come..
    I hate to think of suffering like that..im crying for you cause my heart hurts for you so much..I will keep you in my prayers.My daughter had a deseased heart..no help but a heart transplant, which she wouldnt be able to get in time to save her..they doctors allsaid she would not live 2 years , we agreed in prayer that God would give her a new heart, now her heart was totally destroyed except for a tiny part that ws barely keeping her alive..and we prayerd and trusted God..and before the 2 years was up, they doctors were so amazed they couldnt belive her heart is complety new, like new tissuse and evey thing..We stand on our belive that God answers prayers because we have seen him do it so much..put your trust in God and let the doctors help with what they can, but belive with all your heart that whatsoeevey you ask in the name of Jeus he will give you..God bless you so very much..

Youi will be in our prayers, certainly. I do know that cortisone shots "wear off" after a period of time. Bring the silliest, goofiest slippers you won with you, in case you do have to stay in the hospital - that'll at least give you - and those around you - something to smile at.

I hope that, whatever the diagnosis, they figure something out that will help you and relieve some of the pain.

Then we need to somehow get at least Inka certified as a "Therapy Cat" so Bernard can bring her in to visit, otherwise, maybe Indra could get a very large purse and smuggle a kitty in! (Girls arouse less suspicion with a large purse than men do!)

i really dont know what to say, hope its notingh serious and that they can give you something to feel better, you will be in my thoughts.........hugs
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I'm sorry you are having such physical difficulties. It's very hard to be debilitated like that. I sympathize with you greatly. I hope they are able to figure out what is wrong and get you some help. Try not to despair. You will be in our thoughts and prayers that they can figure out what it wrong and help you feel better.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Oh Lut, I just don't know what to say except that I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all go away.
    Sorry because I don't reply as much as I used to do
    Don't ever be sorry. Lut, you are so loved and we all care about you. You are in my daily prayers, hon.

{{{hugs}}} and kisses to the furry nurses. They certainly know how to do their job.
    xoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am so very sorry to hear all that you have been going through. The waiting and not knowing I am sure is very difficult and the fear of having to go through more tests, especially the bone marrow withdrawal, that does sound scary. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers are on their way to you.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Lut i am terribly sorry to hear of your suffering, and hope you can find out what is really wrong with you, i have PMed you. take care.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Prayers, postive thoughts and love on the way to you sweet lady.

{{gentle Hugs}}

UPDATE Saturday morning

Oh my, thank you so much everybody for all the reactions! It feels oh so good to know how many people care about me!!! Hug kiss for EVERYBODY!!

The message that touched me deeply, is the "talk-to-God" from our PT-prayer-dogs!! Aw Phred, you are not well either, and still you find the time and courage to pray for others . Give Cinder and Smoke a big hug from me!!

This morning I feel the same like yesterday. In the morning it always is a bit worse, because the painkillers from last night aren't working anymore. So, better get some food asap now, and a strong painkiller............
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

((((((hugs))))))

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm sorry you are going through this! I also hope they figure out what is going on with you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Lut, I'm so sorry you having to endure so much pain and I know the prospect of all the tests isn't helping.

My brother has MS, he was diagnosed in the late 90s when he was around 35 years old. He's been on several drugs over the years, a few experimental, and although nothing has corrected the damage done to his legs (he must walk with a walker or use a scooter/wheel chair for long distances) the drugs have helped to slow the progress of the disease for now.

I'm curious, since they haven't diagnosed you with MS yet have they not found any lesions on your spine or brain? My brother was diagnosed after months of symptoms, a spinal tap and an MRI which revealed lesions on his spine.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Lut.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    I'm curious, since they haven't diagnosed you with MS yet have they not found any lesions on your spine or brain? My brother was diagnosed after months of symptoms, a spinal tap and an MRI which revealed lesions on his spine.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Lut.
    Yes, that is exactly what they found! White spots on my MRI of the brain, and that what you mentioned in my spinal fluid. Me too, I do NOT understand why they cannot say the diagnoze 100% sure. My doc just said that "there is proof, but not enough to be sure"..... Whatever she means by "not enough" . I wish she could make up her mind, so I can start fighting the disease instead of "waiting till something happens"