Thread: I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??New UPDATE!

Threaded View

I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??New UPDATE!

Sorry because I don't reply as much as I used to do . I make sure you all get pics from my cats, but that's about it, as I cannot spend much time on my pc.
    What is wrong with me??
    Some of you must remember my continuous back problems over the last years. I had a major operation in 2003, when I got an artificial disc implanted.
    But that is just the beginning of he troubles... .
    Within 1 year I got 2 blood-clots in my legs: I am forced to take bloodthinners for the rest of my life... .
    The worst is this: end of 2004, I lost feeling in my legs, could hardly walk or stand. I was in hospital during 2 weeks then. Part of my lower legs was paralysed and numb. After the removal of bone-marrow from my spine, and several brainscans, a conclusion was made: it was almost 60% sure that I have MS (multiple sclerosis). Not 100% sure, so I am NOT allowed to take medicine to stop MS yet.
    Since November this year all my joints are hurting terible, and it is very painful to get up from sitting, and put weight on my legs. I got cortizone shots in January. For nearly 3 weeks, the pain was much less, and I believed I was finally getting better.

BUT............ it just doesn't work for me. All the joints and muscles are extremely painful again. I can hide it very well to other people, so lots of friends don't know till I tell them... . I really am at my wits end now. What will happen with me? Do I have MS or not? If not, what is wrong then?? I am not in doubt that it IS MS, as my mom has it in the highest degree. She is paralysed 100% (she is 83)... .

I phoned my neurologist today and told her all about what is going on now. She sais she wants to see me asap, so that will be coming Tuesday afternoon. She also gave me a scaring message: "Be sure to bring your PJ's with you: I think it is possible that you have to stay in hospital for tests.."
    Tests???? OMG, that means another withdrawel of bone marrow from my spine. It is VERY painful, and you have to lay down (head lower than feet) for at least 24 hours.. . If not, your brain might get hurt and give unbearable headaches! Lots of unpleasant tests will follow...
    I am so scared and upset right now. I am sorry for venting here, and for this long post. But I really need my friends now! I don't know how to handle this situation any longer. I try to be jolly, but I just cannot do this any longer
    I am so nervouss but also very depressed; I am just sitting or lying there all day, worrying and worrying. The result is that I sleep badly too now...

I need help from my friends here on PT. I am desperate....

ps; Thanks God for my furry nurses. I don't know what I would do without them!! They fell something is wrong, and they come and lay on me on the couch.
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 03-10-2006 at 04:33 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge