Thread: Boston Terriers

Boston Terriers

My friend just got a Boston Terrier puppy, and my goodness but it is just about the cutest I've ever seen!! I've wanted a small dog for a long time (I have Dobermans) and this may be the breed I go for. I don't want to rush out and get something just because it is cute though, so I have been researching the breed some and liked everything I found out, esp. that they get along so well with other animals (I have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 horses currently). Anyone have Boston Terrier stories?? I'd love to hear more about the breed. Also, all my animals are rescued - and I'd like my next dog to be a rescue also, so if anyone knows of a good Boston rescue in the VA, MD, DC area please pass along that info too!! Thanks!
    Amanda

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Welcome to Pet Talk!

I don't know anything about Boston Terriers, but a good place to look for rescue dogs is petfinder.org

A friend of mine has 3 Boston Terriers. They are just the cutest things! They sometimes have breathing problems because of their smush faces, but other than that I don't know of any breed related problems.

Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk! I don't really know anything about Boston terriers either although they are adorable!!

When I saw your post however, it reminded me of the Sears commercial where the family is out in the yard and the little dog is barking at the sprinkler and eventually picks it up and carries it into the house through the dog door and then comes back outside!! So funny! Anyway, that dog is a Boston terrier and that commercial cracks me up!!

I live with a boston terrier, my sister has a 1 year old BT. She is the cutest thing in the world and stole the hearts of our whole family.

I have two hounds, a cat, bunnies and birds, my parents have two shelties a german shepherd and a chihuahua and my sister also has two cats and the Boston gets along with everyone. She was easy to train and is sooo smart. I have nothing bad to say about the boston, I have had nothing but good times, many laughs and good memories with Reegan.

The only thing is in the hot summer keep them indoors as much as possible, they can't take the heat as well as other breeds.

see attachment for a pic of Reegan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

bostons

Hi have two Boston Terriers and love them. A really great place to learn about them is www.bostons.com.
    The best qualities about Bostons are that they do not have a "doggy" smell, they are clowns, wonderfully affectioniate and smart. They are frequently on lists of vets for best dog to own for children.

BTs

I have a 9 month old BT and I love him dearly. His name is Zero and I am so lucky to have him in my life. My parents have two BTs and have had two others so they have always been a part of my family. We just adore them. They are smart and crazy just like me! I guess that is why I am so compatible with them.
    My opinion is that you should definitely search for a BT because they are well worth the effort. Good luck!

Re: Boston Terriers

i have a bostin terrier poodle mix! they are yapy lol
    *becca and sadie*

Welcome to Pet Talk, Flower Power!!! I'm sure you'll love it here!

I have a Black Lab, named Sadie!

Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Ok, here's the CRAZY thing I did!

Thanks everyone for your replies... here is the outcome...

I contacted 7 rescue place, none of whom had BTs but I was put on waiting lists... I contacted 4 breeders with the same luck.

Two weekends ago my friend and I went to the Rolex Three Day Event in Lexington KY. They had an adopt-a-thon going on and I ended up really liking a Beagle mix... I know, I know, I wanted a BT, but you know what happens when you see/visit with a dog who needs a home! I asked the people there to hold him for me and they said they'd hold him until noon. With the crowds and such, I returned with purse at 12:15 -- the dog was GONE!!!! I was very upset!

My friend later (that day) told me there was a lady around the corner selling Jack Russell puppies. I thought what's the harm, I'll go see cute puppies. HA!! Needless to say, I now own a JRT puppy, 10 weeks of age, by the name of Lex. He is very cute, I'll post pictures soon! It was fate, the lady opened the cage and he escaped and jumped into my arms! This is the only animal I own (out of dogs, cats and horses) that wasn't rescued from some horrible fate. He could have gone to a bad home!! SO I'm pretending that I rescued him from 'the unknown'!
    Amanda

"Do or do not, there is no try."

I have a Boston Terrier movie, and it says that Bostons are great with kids, and likes most people. I want a Boston Terrier too, but I already have a small breed, so I want to get a big breed dog.

You could find Rescue Orginizations if you go to http://www.bostonrescue.net
    Or you can go to http://www.ask.com and type in Where can I find rescue Orginizations for Boston Terriers
    in the space below where it says what can I help you find?
    Then you see sentences and three red ovals with ask inside.
    The third one says 5 matches by LookSmart.com, and then you can choose out of 5 rescue orginizations. Look for one near you.
    If there is none near you just tell me at the thread Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.
    I hope that my information helps!
    Last edited by Dogz; 04-18-2004 at 03:56 PM.

I am sorry...
    You didn't need that information, I guess I was a little bit too slow. Congrats on the new JRT!!
    I can not wait to see your pics!
    Last edited by Dogz; 04-18-2004 at 03:56 PM.