Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pepper Love love looooves me.. I got her a....

Pepper Love love looooves me.. I got her a....

harness and leash and we went out for a walk today. Just in the front yard...
    She was shivering :/ so I took her back in, not sure if she was scared or cold... Little bugger sat with her nose to the door :/ so I hooked her back up and out we went... for 20 minutes.
    She still shivered but she didnt want to go back in. She didnt go too too far. I tried to walk with her to the mailbox (maybe 50ft) but she arched her back, so I tried to walk her back to the front door and she didnt want that either She just wanted to stay close to the house, but far enough away to sniff stuff out

Ohhhhh and boy oh boy the wind blew and the dry leaves moved on the pavement... heaven for a kitten

My boss is laughing at me for buying a leash for a *cat*. Tell me it isnt silly.....

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02

No, Lachesis, it is not silly. It is the only way Tubby and Peanut get to go outside. And if you keep up with it on Pepper, she should become real familiar with "the ways of the rope."

Tubby knows them well. All I have to do is tug a little bit and he will come whichever way I tug. Peanut rather dislikes the whole leash and collar thing, and gets confused when I tug, but she has come to accept it as a means of getting outdoors. This past weekend it was finally really beautiful around here. I took them out for their first excursion this year. Peanut has been more skittish than normal lately, and she sniffed a few things, but got a little tangled when her rope crossed Tubby's rope and she bolted for the door. I only let her go in so far (didn't want her in the house with the leash on. Too many things to get caught on) and she ended up, completely happy sitting right inside the door with the door open. She knew she was safe, yet she was still "outside" because the door was open. They really enjoyed their excursion and when I checked on them after I brought them in, they were sound asleep dreaming of all the new sniffs and things they saw.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I have a "double" dog leash in my cart from Petsmart. I havent bought it yet....

I also see this thing it's a stake that has a "leash" hooked to it... and it goes 360 degrees... Im thinking about that too

~~~Rachel in Alaska

updated 10/30/02

not crazy !!!!

No no , you are not crazy !!!!!
    My daughter even has one for her bunnie Billie !! And the little rascal loves it !!!! Runs from here to there so fast , that my daughter can hardly follow her ....!
    I've also bought one for Sydney ; but ......guess what
    it is to small for him ..... !!!! Haha Sydney is a huge cat !! Maybe I'd better bye one for small doggies ??

Ohhhhh and boy oh boy the wind blew and the dry leaves moved on the pavement... heaven for a kitten
    that is for sure!! Muffin loves that, she chases the leaves, and rolls around on the cement...I even let her get up a tree once, below is the pic,then I had to help her down

I must be doing something wrong tho, I don't know how you train them to understand and obey a tug ...??

anyway, I had to stop bringing Muffin outside, she started wanting to go out more and more, then wanting to stay longer and longer.
    I can't leave her alone outside, I have to watch, because there are coyotes around here, and the other day we saw a bobcat in the yard. It was hard for a week or so, but she has adjusted to once again being only an inside cat I feel bad, because she loved it sooo much, but its just too dangerous. I lost a cat that way 20 years ago,(she got outside) and no way am I ever going to let that happen again. Luckily, Emma and Louise have never been outside and don't know about it.

My boss is laughing at me for buying a leash for a *cat*. Tell me it isnt silly.....
    of course it is not silly. why should dogs be the only ones? he knows not of what he speaks!!!
    Last edited by toughCookie; 04-18-2002 at 04:34 AM.

Tubby and Peanut got their first trip outside last weekend, and I couldn't help but take pictures.

Here is Tubby. He might look like he's just lounging around, but is ears and eyes are going 100 miles an hour keeping track of everything, and his tail is whipping up a storm. I think a bird landed in a tree behind him when I got his picture.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

And here's Peanut, not quite sure if she wants to stay in or come out. I had Tubby tied up to the door knob at the time and that's why it seems like there are so many ropes. You can see, though, how she would get confused. Shortly after this I undid her and let her in and closed the door. She seemed perfectly content that way too. Evidently she had enough of outside for the time being.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

And the final one. I can't get anything done in the backyard when Tubby is out because I have to keep a constant eye on him, and keep adjusting the length of his rope so he can't get to the grass. So later on I was working back there, and Tubby wanted to come out so bad again. He stayed right here, meowing the whole time (notice his mouth is open in the picture). I especially couldn't let him out anymore though because we have a bush that I had to spray for bugs, and I didn't want him near that bush. So here he is, the poor Tubster stuck inside for the evening.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Did I post this already?

Her first time out...

~~~Rachel in Alaska

updated 10/30/02

CUTE PICS EVERYBODY
    This is making me want to go out and get Tiny and Jupiter a leash!!! What do you think the chances of them getting fleas are if they go outside every now and then. Tinky got worms from a flea and I don't want her to have to go through that again.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Muffin in a tree

oops I forgot to include this ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WHAT FANTASTIC PICS., EVERYONE - ALL THESE FURKIDS OUT (OR NEARLY OUT) ENJOYING THE SUN AND WIND - GORGEOUS!!!!

Thanks from Lynne

Geeeez I hope they dont get fleas from just being outside. Mine and my sisters cat for the most part are all thats in our yard. I havent seen any others near by.

All 3 want to go out so I need to go order another leash and 2 harnesses....

~~~Rachel in Alaska

updated 10/30/02

Awwwww....that Pepper is just too cute.

I don't know if you'll have to worry about fleas or not. Tubby and Peanut have gone outside their whole lives and have never had a problem - until maybe now, but we'll see. It seems some areas are more flea infested than others. A friend of mine lived in Florida and she had a terrible problem, but then again another friend of mine who only lived about 7 miles away from me had a problem too, but I didn't. I guess fleas are funny things. Maybe they just didn't like Tubby & Peanut, and that would be just fine with me!
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Lachesis - I put a T-harness on my Panda like that and she wriggled out of it in no time and took off. I'm trying so hard to keep Panda confined to my Condo since the complex is trapping cats and sending them to the Animal Shelter. So I tried the harness and put her on a chain so she could be outside for a while and like I said, she wriggled out of it. I had it on tight too, so I thought.
    Such a cute picture of your baby, she looks happy enough.