Thread: Kitties up for Gas 2/20/06

Kitties up for Gas 2/20/06

Kitty up for Gas Euthanasia 2/20/06

Call The Gas Shelter 770-467-4772 to Adopt

http://www.spaldingcountyanimalshelter.com/cats1.htm

Buffy
    [IMG][/IMG]

She is available NOW in the Gas shelter. Her last day of Life will be 2/20/06 unless rescue is made.

If you can save this little girl please contact the number above

to adopt and email [email protected]

to help remove the kitty from the shelter for you.

Two Brothers #311 and #312 - their last day is Feb. 17
    [IMG][/IMG]

A06-313 - last day is Feb. 17
    [IMG][/IMG]

Very Nervous kitty, about 1 year old. A06-331 - last day is Feb. 20
    [IMG][/IMG]

In the past Save the Kitties has helped and rescued these cats and kittens from Spalding. Unfortunately our hands our tied - we have no funds, no room at foster homes and cannot find adoptive homes. Unless we get help in these areas we cannot rescue anymore cats. PLEASE help them if you can. Call the shelter and inquire about any of these animals. They deserve to have a chance at life!!

It just breaks my heart that any kitty has to be gassed.. If I had my way I would rescue all of them.. Where & what state is this location at?

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

The location of the shelter is Georgia.
    Mary Turino

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    The location of the shelter is Georgia.
    Sorry, yes I always forget about the location. Griffin GA.

Thats a bit far for me here in Texas & that just breaks my heart.. Hopefully someone will want these babies..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

they are too far away from me. why do they threaten us like this? pictures of dear ones and date of their death... - they will die if they aren't out by (date). period.

can't they fix them and let them be outdoor cats (if that's the last choice) at least for a while or something rather than going to gas them?? (!!!)

anyone willing to ship these cats? to us who can help or any other rescue shelters, foster homes? anyone, please help!!

unbelievable.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

The shelter doesn't care! I think they enjoy putting them to sleep. You have to have a very sick and mental mind to want to hurt any kind of animal. One person on another forum called the shelter and asked about their policies - the shelter got irritated with her and hung up on her after he told her that if she cared so much then why couldn't she rescue them. They are not nice people!!

Our resources are very limited with Save the Kitties, Inc. and that is why we can't rescue any cats or kittens for a couple of months. We have elderly people who do transports for us and will do transports if they are met 1/2 way. They are all volunteers and we pay for their gas only, not their time as we can't afford it.

If anybody out of the state of GA is interested, post your location here and we'll see what we can do. Shipping can get quite expensive and most other rescues are also full due to Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

Thanks,
    mrbluekittie

transport

I can look into the charge for sending a cat by plane. Does anyone know how much is cost? i do know it is done.

Mary
    Mary Turino

The reality of over population is terrible! Is there anyone willing to adopt, asap?
    Mary Turino

Delta rates

I just went to Delta airlines. Here are the charges for shipping a pet...

SML/100 series 21 x 15 x 16 6 lb. $45.00 Any Delta aircraft*
    MED/200 series 27 x 20 x 19 12 lb. $65.00 Any Delta aircraft*
    MED/300 series 32 x 22 x 23 18 lb. $75.00 Any Delta aircraft*
    LRG/400 series 36 x 24 x 26 24 lb. $80.00 Any Delta aircraft*
    XLG/500 series 40 x 27 x 30 31 lb. $95.00 Any Delta aircraft* except MD-80, MD-88, and MD-90
    GIANT/700 series (Accepted as cargo only) 48 x 32 x 35 51 lb. $180.00 Any Delta aircraft* except MD-80, MD-88, MD-90, MD-11, or B-737

A clean bill of health is required. Seems feasible-infact, i am willing to do the work if anyone far away is interested. The world is a big place but technology has joined us together. I say a small price to pay to save a life!
    Mary Turino

awwww...poor cats! The small shy one reminds me so much of Timmy in a lighter color, i couldn't help but cry for the poor kitties.ooo...i wish i could take one, but Timmy would start to Spray even more, and we have 2 dogs...awww. I wish I never heard of gas euthanasia...its too sad!!
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!

gosh I just can't pay for all or for one and leave all others. I'm able to take them in and find them good homes just if they were the local cats. (thanks for trying, turino).

mrbluekitten, where are you exactly located? I'm in upstate new york but going to be out of state this friday for a couple of weeks so I don't know what or how to help.

can't anyone of you or else than shelters take them home for temporary then bring to other shelters (unless permenante home found), at least maybe that way their death row starts over. you gotta try anything, right?

I was on the Saving Shelter Pets forum and A06-311, A06-312 and A06-313 will be rescued. That leaves Buffy and the Grey kitty. They are both up on the 20th.

I am in Wisconsin. I volunteer for Save the Kitties, Inc. and try to get people to adopt or foster these poor helpless cats. Believe me, I've done my share of donating, sponsoring and now I'm fostering from this shelter. You can sponsor a kitty if you want. Put in the adopt papers, email Christine at the email provided above and tell her you want to sponsor. Save the Kitties, Inc. will help somewhat with trying to find them a foster home or adoptive home by putting them on our Web site, but you will have to help. All kitties that are taken from the shelter will go to our boarding facility for 10 days to relax before going to the vet. During that time, if you do sponsor, try and find them a foster home. Normally we would do it all, but financially we cannot for awhile.

oh goodness!! I'm so relieved to hear most of them are saved!! thankyou thank you!

like I said, I can't help financially right now, especially for their flight at this date of death. I wish to the moon and back I could!

have anyone took in buffy and nervous kitty? don't tell me it's their last day.. . . .

They have all been rescued including Buffy and the grey tabby.

Unfortunately I have another posting so check out the new thread for the kitties that are up this week. It is a never ending cycle - and spring time is just around the corner!