Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Souraya the Chipmunk!

Souraya the Chipmunk!

Hi,

It is 7 AM and I am pretty awake but in much pain. The pain killers knocked me out last night and I just took another one too. So, I should be out very soon.

Draker has been very good. I have been getting lots of extra kisses and cuddles. He slept right next to me the entire of the night. He also was very calm and gentle during the day. I guess he knows I am sick. Either that or he is confused why I look like a chipmunk or squirel with nuts in my mouth! My face is puffy. The swelling is a bit better, but the inside of my mouth is inflamed as well. Much more than yesterday. Oh, and they had to stick me three times to finally get the IV in. My left and right arm, then finally in my left hand. They said I had dry viens. So now I have bruises where they attempted toput in the IV.

My borther took the day off and has been taking very good care of me. God bless him. We rented 3 movies right after we got back from the surgery and watched them throughout the day. He took Drake out a few times and made me mashed potatoes as well for dinner. He waited on me hand and foot and has been great!

That's all for now.

I will try and get caught up with everything later on today. Thank God for latops!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad but at least you are feeling some relief with the pain pills. When my daughter had her wisdom teeth out the pain pills made her sick to her stomach so she wound up not using them at all. Your note made me smile, though, when you mentioned your lap top. Isn't it funny, no matter how bad we feel we just have to check in at Pet Talk!! I hurt my back a little over a week ago, and even though it was painful to sit in my computer chair, I managed! Let brother continue to wait on you and don't do anything strenuous. Just rest and feel better and keep checking in with us!

Great to hear from you Souraya, I was wondering how it went yesterday. I has the same problems with my veins, not funny at all. Isn't it amazing how our pets sense when we are ill or something is wrong? My cats are the same, they are the best medicine.

I hope you will feel better soon and that your brother will keep looking after you. Take care.

I think you did great to feel like watching movies! I remember that I slept for two days after mine were removed, Souraya. Hope your "nurses" take good care of you. Enjoy relaxing and don't try to eat too quickly......the infection is a bad thing . I remember it well!

Glad you checked in though. Get well soon!

I'm sorry it is so painful for you, but your Drakers sounds like he is taking good care of you and your brother too. What a great brother you have to do that for you...is he for hire?? lol I hope you're back on your feet soon and are able to eat more than just mashed potatoes!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Souraya

I'm sorry your feeling so terrible hopefully it starts feeling better soon, I can't believe you feel well enough to give us an update on how your doing! What a brother you have there, sounds like he's taking awesome care of you, and Draker, I'm sure he knows your not feeling well & he's trying his best to make you better so get better soon Going to the dentist is the pits!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh Souraya, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Before I could have my braces put on when I was younger, the dentist pulled my 12 year molars, claiming my wisdom teeth would come in their place. Well they are coming in.... all crooked. Sometimes it really hurts but I can't have my wisdom teeth pulled because they are all I have for the back molars. *bleah*

Keep letting that brother of yours wait on you.

And bless Drakers for being such a good boy.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Souraya,
    I'm so glad your brother took the day off to be with you! I was worried you were going to be alone (human wise not furkid wise). I am also glad Drake is being such a good boy for his mommy!

I have something similar to yours with my veins. They roll. I now have them go straight for the hand with a butterfly needle. Less aggrivation on my part.

Take care and let us know when you have a chance and feel up to it how the wedding was.

Souraya, so good to hear from you! Pain pills and laptops....life's necessities!!!

Your brother sounds like a sweetheart! Is he single? (Just kidding!)

And the Drakemeister is worried about you too! What a sweetie! I swear that they know. When I don't feel well, Duncan will be "fairly" quiet but when I'm just being lazy, he'll harass me until I do something with him!

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to hear from you again soon!!

Hi Souraya (Chipmonk Cheeks)

It's good to know that you have family to help
    you till you're feeling better.Just rest and
    take your meds and hopefully you'll be doing
    a little better each day. Hugs & Smooches to
    Drake. Liz.

Hey Chipm--- err Souraya!

I have fallen behind on Pet Talk over the last week and didn't know you were getting your wisdom teeth out! I feel for ya. At least the hardest part is over and you're on the road to recovery. Give Drake a big kiss from me and I hope you're back to normal ASAP!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Gosh, I'm sorry you had such a rough time of it. An ice pack would help the swelling and pain some. It did mine anyway. I'm glad your brother has been there with you. One good thing is it's all over but the getting well now. Everyday puts it further in the past. Hope you are feeling lots better knowing we all are here for you, Chipmunk cheeks or not!

YIKES! Sounds awful...hopefully you'll feel better soon!! Sigh! What would we do without our pets to keep us going ? I know that Cody is always by me when I'm sick,,but my brother?? Can yours be rented out?? You're lucky ,, milk it a few more days!!!! Feel better soon, though!!!!!

I hope you feel better soon, Souraya!! I hope you kept ice on your face yesterday; it's helps tremendously in keeping down the swelling and lessening the pain. I'm glad you're being so well cared for! Nothing like snuggling with a furry pup when you're feeling badly! Get well wishes from Star, Cody and Sandra!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sorry to hear that you're in pain. Hope it goes away soon. The advice to use an ice pack to control swelling is a very good one. I did that after my recent knee surgery and it helped a lot.
    I'm sure Drake is doing his best to make you feel better. Dogs always know; Carina didn't move away from my bed when I came back from the hospital, she didn't even want to go downstairs to eat!
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..