Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Worst Pain you have Ever been through???

ah, well i havent really been in any serious serious pain. but i've had really really really bad splints at times.

Endometriosis attacks and passing out were no fun. Neck surgury was bearable but back surgery was a real eye opener. But for me, the worst pain is emotional. Losing my parents and Cody was the worst pain ever. Physical pain eventually subsides, but emotional pain stays for a long long time.

I've been Boooo'd!

Emotional pains are worse than physical, for me, but, my worst physical pain would have to be. . .. . walking on a broken ankle for a year, and not knowing it was broken, every step hurt, but all the doctors said it would heal on its own, and that it wasnt broken, but, it was, after I went to another doctor, and they did surgery, and shaved off bones that were rubbing together, and the ones that were all jagged from the bone that was missing . That was probably one of the worst things. . .
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Wisdom teeth! I had all 4 pulled at once and it didn't show in the x-ray, but one of the roots was wrapped around the jaw bone and when they pulled it, it broke a small piece of my jaw. I was in such pain for a week and black and blue from my neck to my eye.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

This is a toss up between when I blew my knee out playing softball and had to have it drained twice with a needle that looks like it could have been used for a HORSE!
    Or.... when I had a spinal tap and instead of only taking 15 minuets and having a needle pierce my spine 2 or 3 times it took and hour and 15 minuets and I was jabbed in my spine 14 times!!! Then I was on my back for a week with a spinal headache.
    Yeah, now that I think about it....the spinal tap was MUCH worse!!!!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

pitc9, furrykidsmother, k9karen, toby's my baby: Oh my such pain!. . .

The worst emotional pain that I have gone through was when I had depression not too long ago.
    Van
    Tux and Pesca's meowmie

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Puppy
    Child-birth, pre-epidural. Women say they "forget" the pain once it's over but I'm here to tell you that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER forget the way I felt. Ever.

Ever.

Never ever.

In a gazillion years.

Ever.
    Is it really that bad? You're scaring me away from having children when I'm older! I can't stand pain at all and will do whatever I can to stay away from it.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I've had a lot of physical & mental hurts that I can not even post here.
    But for ones I can post here I have it tied between 3 different hurts, they all hurt REALLY bad.

My eptopic pregnancy, pre-surgery (only the day or two right before the surgery hurt realy bad) & post-surgery (the first week or so I was home which was actually 1.5 weeks after the surgery, I didn't have the morphine drip anymore lol). I did die during surgery, they revived me thank god.

A Kidney infection. Yes it hurt that bad, I was misdiagnised for weeks & weeks before I was admitted to the hospital where I had to stay for almost a week because it was so bad. They said a couple/few more days & I would probably wouldn't of made it.

My broken hand bones & tendons/ligaments, granted this one only hurt REALLY bad for about 4 or so hours until it was set all back in place but when it was first broken boy oh boy did it really hurt. It still hurt for a couple/few weeks afterwards but not nearly as bad as it did at first, not even close.

Boy some of yous really should count your blessings. Actually we all should we have some real lucky folks on PT!
    Glad that each one of us is here to tell our stories! HUGS to us all!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    Is it really that bad? You're scaring me away from having children when I'm older! I can't stand pain at all and will do whatever I can to stay away from it.
    Everyone's pain thresholds are different. What is excruciating to me may be little more than cramps to you, so don't be scared off. Even if you are in a lot of pain, get the epidural! It felt like a little bee sting and after I got it, I felt so much better (read: couldn't feel ANY contraction, my husband had to tell me when I was having them by looking at the monitor), I took a nap!! I'll have another child, two if finances allow, I'll just be asking for the epidural as soon as I can get it.

All childbirth situations are different also, I had unproductive back labor that was horrible, that doesn't happen to everybody, and frankly that was easier than dealing with a teen
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

The worst physical pain I had was when my kneecaps dislocated. The pain was awful, and it happened to me sooo many times in both knees....

Fortunately, I had my left knee surgery in december, and I'll have the right knee in July, so it won't happen anymore....

About emotional pains... It's better and healthier not to remember them, I don't want to feel depressed....
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Cholaine
    The worst physical pain I had was when my kneecaps dislocated. The pain was awful, and it happened to me sooo many times in both knees....

Fortunately, I had my left knee surgery in december, and I'll have the right knee in July, so it won't happen anymore....

About emotional pains... It's better and healthier not to remember them, I don't want to feel depressed....
    Hi, Natali, join the "pain in the knee" club! I know exactly what you've going through! Right now my left knee is doing great. I can do just about everything now!

Childbirth!

Followed by breaking my knee ... twice.

Followed by having a root canal without anesthethic. (I'm resistant to anesthethic.)
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

My migraines...which always results in me blacking out & having to be rushed to the Emergency Room. Aside from that it would have to be when I got kicked full force by a horse on the shin bone. I have a permanent bump on my shin from that.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb