Thread: leg concern

leg concern

After searching the internet and reading several of the threads on your forum, I am getting more concerned about my dog's back leg. About a week ago, I threw a toy in the air and Peanut jumped up and twisted around to get it. She seemed to land fine, but then immediately began crying and could not put any weight on her leg. It seemed to be in an awkward position, and I originally thought it was broken. I called the vet (this was at night "after hours" of course) and they suggested watching her through the night. Within 10 minutes (max!) she was up walking around and by the next day she was even running on it like nothing had happened. Well, tonight she suddenly started to cry again when she started to run in the house. Her leg went limp for a couple of minutes, and then she was back up walking around. I've been reading a great deal about the ACL injuries people are describing. Does this sound familiar, or does this seem less serious? I haven't taken her into the vet (I thought the injury was healed until tonight), but I certainly will if her condition seems to get worse. I've also been reading that strains are possible, so this may be a possibility too. Any experiences you have with these kinds of leg injuries would be much appreciated. Thanks a million!

She may have torn the ligament which means the knee will pop in and out causing pain, you best bet is to let the vet take a look at her.

Yes we live with cats visit www.aarrff.org

The best thing you can do for it is take it to the vet and get it looked at. I hope your dog gets better soon

Hope Peanut is better!

Your best and safest bet would be to go to the vet and find out what the problem is instead of worrying about it. Depending on the breed, there are a lot of problems that can arise concerning backs, legs and hips. This could possibly be the beginning of a problem in the future and if that's the case you need to be heads up about it.
    My friend had a Pekinese whose back would go out of place and she knew exactly what to do for him.
    Good luck to you and yours.