aarrff.org currently has 1 red heeler, 1 blue heeler, (Aussie cattle dog) and a BC mix up for adoption.
Here are the details.

I met these girls on Monday, 2/13, while I was up in the CITY on business. Their owner has been placed in an adult-care foster facility and probably won't be coming out. He was put in the facility back in MARCH of 2005. The relatives have been trying to provide care for the dogs, but now that they are going to sell his home, they have decided that the dogs have to go!! They were going to "put them to sleep". However, when they contacted the shelter up there (2 hours north of me) to inquire about the euthanasia, the shelter referred them to me . These dogs have basically been left to almost "fend for themselves" for just short of a year .

I was prepared to meet three totally out-of-control, aggressive, dogs. But NOPERS! These girls just want some loving!!! I am in love with all three of them...although they all have some issues.

As you can see, we have some "weight" issues going on here. Both Patches (the Blue ACD) and Pepper (the BC mix) need to lose some weight...and really the Red ACD is right on the edge! All three need to be groomed in the worst way!!! They all need nail trims. The two ACD's are also NOT SPAYED . Also Dynamo, the red (who I absolutely ADORE) is very much lacking confidence...she is scared in some ways...she is fine when you get up to her and rub on her...but as you approach her, she cowers).

I have agreed to take all three into my "rescue" . How on earth I am going to handle three foster dogs at once, let alone the costs of spaying, vetting, grooming, setting up dog runs, etc is BEYOND me...but "where there is a will, there is a way"!!!! But the things going in my favor: They all three get along very well together, so I think I can build one "big" dog run that they can share - that will cut down on cost! I will need to get all three of them "blood panels" run at the vet, as I want to rule out thyroid, heart issues as the cause of their being over-weight...but I also want the blood panels for the two ACD's prior to spay surgery, as they are already about 6 years old! I, also, believe that these sweet girls are highly adoptable. They are some of the calmest "neglected" Cattle dogs that I have seen in a long time! Oh, and get this...the two ACD's have "papers" as being from registered "parents", not that that means much in "rescue". They so deserve a second chance at their forever homes...none of this was their "fault". They have survived this horrible upheaval in their life....what a tragedy to just have them end up being killed! If you are interested in helping one of these sweet girls, please email me at [email protected]