Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat Trapped In Empty House

New York City for years, Ohio now. Go me!
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    I can't tell you how emotionally draining rescue work can be. I just
    become obcessed with the problems involved until I can see a way
    around them. I don't know how people do this full time.
    I do a lot of rescue. (Mostly I rescue them from the high kill shelter that for some masochistic reason I volunteer at.) This probably explains why I am on the internet at 2am with a belly full of heartburn and a lap full of sneezy kitten that was supposed to be put down this afternoon.
    At least HE'S sleeping!

Great job, Liz!

As an aside, it wouldn't be breaking and entering- you don't have the requisite criminal intent (mens rea). You would have a complete defense....just like someone rushing in to save a person in the event of a fire. Sure, the 'emergent' circumstances are not exactly the same, but, I would wager any 'reasonable' judge would see it like I do. I am not saying you wouldn't be charged...just that you wouldn't be found guilty.

Just my $.02.

GREAT JOB!!!!!

What I don't understand is what took them so long??? So Liz, are ya gonna add her to your crew?? I'm sure she'd love that.

I would've taken the chance of B&E for an animal ANYDAY!!!!

You are my hero, Liz!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Great job Lizbud! I am so glad that you were persistant about helping the poor little kitty. Can we see pictures anytime soon?????

What an awesome, heartwarming story! Hooray for happy endings and especially hooray for you, Lizbud!

Blessings,
    Mary

It sounds as though your Good Intentions have been rewraded by the Lord giving you a Brand New Friend.
    That thread touches me as Moose once got into an empty house,and was gone for almost 2 Months,until the real estate agent must have let him out.
    Thank You for helping that Poor Cat,and we pray that he has Found A Home with you.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hey Liz,

I forgot to tell you...in MY rescue organization, that automatically earns you your "Rescue Halo"

Congratulations!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Hey Liz,

I forgot to tell you...in MY rescue organization, that automatically earns you your "Rescue Halo"

Congratulations!!

Well, better hold up on the halo. The white cat is nowhere to be found.
    I couldn't get him into the Vets until the next morning and felt bad about
    keeping him/her in a carrier overnight, so I made up a place for him on my
    porch.He was gone in the morning.he's not back in the house, I checked,
    but I haven't spotted him since. I keep telling myself, at least he's not
    stuck in that empty house anymore, but still, I'm disappointed that I didn't
    get him checked out as I planned. I'll keep looking. At least he had a full
    stomach.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

He might have gone home...he had a flea collar, so he had a place to go. Keep your eyes peeled in the neighbourhood...you'll spot him, I'm sure.

Is there a way to find out if "Cat Lost" notices have been posted anywhere - calls to the shelters, etc?

If he needs you, he'll come back. Best of luck! Make sure you have food out.

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties
    If he needs you, he'll come back. Best of luck! Make sure you have food out.

I really think I will see this one again. I feed 3, sometimes 4 cats that
    just happen to come by every day & I think that's where I've seen this
    cat before. I've walked the dogs around this area every day, so I'm
    thinking (hoping) I should see him again.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh yeah, cats stay around their food source. I'm SURE he's probably somewhere in the permimeter of your place. Try to keep an eye out for him. You haven't seen the last of him.

Way to go on getting the kitty out, I am sure he went back to his family!