Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sled dog butts...pic

Sled dog butts...pic

If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes!

I ran two teams today. This team started off as a six dog team, but Pacer and Antare decided to get into a little scuffle before we even got started. I was still hooking up other dogs when they decided to go at it. Pacer started it so I just pulled him out, left him in a pen and went with five. Pacer did get a little puncture on his leg, but it's tiny and he'll be fine. He's not even limping. This team was Raven-Paxil, Antare, Chum-Franklin

Team #2 also started as a six dog but ended up as five. Paxil-Founder, Hobo-Earle, Deuce-Ozzy. It's only the second time Hobo has been able to run beside another dog! I think he might be starting to settle down finally!

Earle wanted to come today, but he's just not up for a big run yet. He made it for 10km, then he started slacking off and not keeping up. He's just barely started running again and needs to get in better shape before he can do longer runs. I just set him free and let him run. I offered him a ride in the sled, but he wasn't interested in that!

He just trotted along behind us. It was nice to have him along even if he wasn't working!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

one of my dreams is to go in a sled..........so everytime you post your pics it makes my day/night......it really gets me there in spirit

love your doggies, lovely butts great thing earle is getting back, and way to go hobo!! keep practicing you´ll love it
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Yes love your picturs and even the butt shots are wonderful

Oh Lord! The scenery, the butts, the atmosphere- it all just blew me away!
    BTW. there's a film coming out called, I think, "8 Below" about a team of 8 sled dogs who get seperated from their master and struggle to make it back. They show the ad on TV all the time and I immediately thought of you! When I see it, I'll give more info.

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen
    [COLOR=Indigo]BTW. there's a film coming out called, I think, "8 Below" about a team of 8 sled dogs who get seperated from their master and struggle to make it back. They show the ad on TV all the time and I immediately thought of you! When I see it, I'll give more info.

That's the disney version, loosely based on a true story. In reality the dogs were 13 Canadian Eskimo Dogs and they were abandoned when a Japanese Antarctic expedition got trapped in bad weather. The group came back a year later and found two of the dogs survived. Here's a link to the real story:
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin...k20050421wh.htm
    The husky rescues I work with are already trying to prepare for the influx of 9 month old puppies(the most common age for huskies to get dumped.) Thank Goodness Eskimo dogs are rare and unsuitable as a family pet!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

OOooo...I just love how much snow you have there.
    I'm jealous of you.....

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous pics as usual Glacier! Love that snow. It's incredibly beautiful and those cute puppy butts make it even more appealing The pups all look like they were having fun

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Great pictures, love the snow! I'll bet your pups are happy as ever!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Nice butts . Gorgeous photos as always Glacier, they just blow me away every time, it is so different from where i live.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

What stunning pictures! I can *hear* the silence and love the muffled quiet right after a snow storm. What a peaceful, serene scene - beautiful dogs and beautiful scenery!

Well it looks as if you've finally gotten enough snow to go sledding, looks like fun (even with the constant butt views).
    Earl sure does look happy running along beside you. Sure glad he got to go along!
    And of course...terrific pictures!!!

Your snow is beautiful, wish we'd get some! I had to read this twice - "Earle/Hobo"
    Earle's looking really good, glad to see some happy pictures of that handsome boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    That's the disney version, loosely based on a true story. In reality the dogs were 13 Canadian Eskimo Dogs and they were abandoned when a Japanese Antarctic expedition got trapped in bad weather. The group came back a year later and found two of the dogs survived. Here's a link to the real story:
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin...k20050421wh.htm
    The husky rescues I work with are already trying to prepare for the influx of 9 month old puppies(the most common age for huskies to get dumped.) Thank Goodness Eskimo dogs are rare and unsuitable as a family pet!
    Thanks for posting the link to the real story, I like to see what really happened. I also hate to see dogs (animals) in movies only because it then makes them fashionable or trendy for a time and then you get so many BYB pumping them out for profit and most end up in shelters when that happens because people don't research the breed and they expect them to be just like you see in the movies, which generally is so far from the truth. It's a sad thing and I hope it doesn't get too out of hand=(

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Adorable butts Its sad Disney is doing the movie completely different, but anyways I love the Pics, and I'm so jealous of the snow!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    Thanks for posting the link to the real story, I like to see what really happened. I also hate to see dogs (animals) in movies only because it then makes them fashionable or trendy for a time and then you get so many BYB pumping them out for profit and most end up in shelters when that happens because people don't research the breed and they expect them to be just like you see in the movies, which generally is so far from the truth. It's a sad thing and I hope it doesn't get too out of hand=(
    Sigh, ditto I hate the fact that it what you said is goin to become a reality
    Cute pictures though I want to go sledding some day , it looks fun
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee