Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayleigh to the vet...

Kayleigh to the vet...

Tomorrow is not going to be fun! Kayleigh has to go to the vet. Taking Kayleigh anywhere is trying, the vet is highly stressful for both of us. Kayleigh has issues including extreme dog aggression and a high prey drive. Every time I take her in some idiot has their kitten in their hands or isn't watching their dog. She's never hurt anyone or any critter at the clinic but sometimes it's been all I can do to control her. And tomorrow I can't even muzzle her....the entire right side of her face is swollen. A muzzle would just be painful! Maybe they'll let me bring her in the back door! We'll both be taking some Rescue Remedy tomorrow morning!

I suspect she's going to need a molar pulled. When we got Kayleigh, she had a stick wedged between two teeth across the roof of her mouth. She had been starved by her first owner and I suspect she tried to eat the stick--it might have been her only option. She doesn't play with sticks at all. One of the teeth it was pressing against had to be removed a couple years ago. It was cracked and abcessed. The symptoms were similar but she's more swollen this time. I suspect the molar on the other side is infected now and she needs more dental work. Although that won't be fun or cheap, I sure hope that's all that is causing the swelling!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh, wow, I hope that's all it is, too! And, that you two can have a relatively easy visit to the vet...and, that no one makes it harder for you than it needs to be. I'll be thinking of you both! I know you'll update us, so, I won't even ask. Hahaha, I guess I just sorta did, though. Good luck in the morning!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Yikes! Best of luck to both of you!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Poor Kayleigh, sounds painful. Will send out some good vibes for both of you tomorrow.

OH lots of good luck..Poor Kayleigh, i feel so sorry for you both..

I would definetely ask for the back door, reminds me of when my skin kids had a rash and we had to use the "rash door".
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Join the "back door" club. Logan handles it Ok because she's hardly there, but Cody always had a problem and knew what he was in for. It was all I could do to keep from crying from anxiety. I used to keep him in the car, sign in, and have the nurse come and get me as soon as a room was available. He loved THE vet, but not going there. Good luck. I hope everything works out Ok and that poor Kayleigh feels better.

I've been Boooo'd!

Good Luck to All Involved for a quick and painless "fix".

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Ouch sounds painful. Good luck tomorrow at the vet.

Back door sounds good....

Maybe you could call ahead and ask about the back door. Sometimes I leave by the back door, if there is a doggie in the waiting room and I have cats...... The vets and staff don't like the commotion any more than we do!

Good luck pupster. I hope it is merely an extraction in the making...... and nothing else.

Gosh, these pets are JUST like kids, expense wise. Thank goodness they don't need to go to college.

(((((((((((((Glacier and family)))))))))))))))))))

Sending good thoughts that you and Kayleigh make it thru the vet visit uneventfully. I hope they are able to quickly take care of her tooth so it is not bothering her any more. Here's a gentle KISS for your cheek Kayleigh to make it feel a bit better. Take care sweetie.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Wishing you the best of luck today.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Oh that sounds painful I hope the vet visit is easy for both you and for Kayleigh. I know how stressful it can be.
    Bon freezes every time we go. I practically have to drag him in

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    I know how stressful it can be.
    Bon freezes every time we go. I practically have to drag him in
    I have to carry Sleet in. She will not go through the clinic door on her own. Last time the vet met me in their back parking lot. She was there because she was limping, but she wouldn't walk at the clinic so he couldn't evaluate her. Outside she did fine.

I don't suppose carrying Bon is an option!!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    I have to carry Sleet in. She will not go through the clinic door on her own. Last time the vet met me in their back parking lot. She was there because she was limping, but she wouldn't walk at the clinic so he couldn't evaluate her. Outside she did fine.

I don't suppose carrying Bon is an option!!
    LOL! Definitely not!

I took Roxey to the vet not long ago for limping and of course she didn't limp one bit while we were there
    Goofy dog!