Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice!?

Advice!?

ok guys...i used to have a job where i worked with my boyfriends mother, and i dont really click with her, and i had to ride with her to work everyday, and spend 6 am- about 6 pm with her, i spend more time with her than my boyfriend. And that just made me really upset, crying all the time, and stuff. About 3 weeks ago i got laied off because i was only a temp, and now today my bf moms tells me they are looking for temps again, but i am currently working/voulnterring at the animal shelter (I LOVE IT!). What would you do? Work at a place you are unhappy with, but you get paied well. or voulnteer at a place that makes you REALLY happy, but you dont get paied.
    Mommy's Little Girl

Mommy's Little Girl

Do you need the money? Happiness (to me) is more important than money, and if you don't need it then I say continue volunteering - volunteering can be so rewarding in other ways, and if it makes you happy that's the most important thing.

i dont really need the money, even though i live away from my parents, they help me out alot and will give me money if i need it. I think happiness is beter than money, it makes me so happy being with those animals
    Mommy's Little Girl

Personally I would stick with the volunteering, at least for now. Maybe you can start to think about a job, but not at the same place. If you are miserable at work, no amount of money is worth it.

that is so ture, no amount of money is worth me being unhappy! thanks!
    Mommy's Little Girl

If the animal shelter makes you happy than I would stay there but maybe ask the shelter if they are going to hire people as you are willing to work with animals. If you want to work fulltime with animals I would look around and ask animal pet stores, vet offices if they are hiring if that's what you like the most. Don't go back to a job that makes you unhappy as you will get sick of it in a very short time. I have worked with animals and had many jobs with them and I wouldn't work with anything else unless there was no jobs in the animal field. The best thing to do is learn on the job. I did that with my first job which was a thoroughbred farm and I learned more with the job and the horses then the equine course I signed up for which I cancelled. Ask around at the shelter and see if they are hiring people and ask pet stores and vets too.
    TAFFY

,MISTY

CATS ARE THE BEST

ANNE

the shelter im at isnt hiring now since some lady took up more hours, but i can ask in another town at the shelter, and at the pet store. i worked at the vet in my old town, i didnt like it so much because i hate seeing sick cats and dogs and i didnt like the smell of the place
    Mommy's Little Girl

It sucks because my boyfriend doesnt understand i want to be happy, he thinks more about money because we need it for our house in march, but i have time to find a job it takes while right?
    Mommy's Little Girl

Don't ever let anyone else try to tell you what to do - only you know what makes you happy! Finding a job can take a long time, especially if you have your mind set on something specific. You can always continue volunteering and casually look for a job

Its so hard becuase i live with his rents and him, and its kinda stressful because his mom is like "d o this do this take this job now!" and im scared to tell her "no, i want to do this instead" but i always say, i dont care what other people think of me, I want myself to be happy. Its just so hard because Jason isnt there for me like I would like him to be
    Mommy's Little Girl

That would be a tough situation. You said you're getting your own place in March, right (you and your BF)? Can you afford the place without you working? Does Jason take his mother's side instead of yours? You might want to have a sit down with him and tell him how you feel (I know, that's not always easy with guys). It is important to be able to communicate if you see yourself having a future with him.

Start checking out the help wanted ads, and make sure that Jason's mom sees you. Make it known that you love the volunteering, and you can see something with animals being your future. If that is true, your volunteer work will look great on a resume. Also, when his mom tells you to take a certain job, you can politely decline, say something like, "That looks interesting, but I'm not sure it's right for me. I saw a few in the help wanted ads, that look pretty good, I'll check those out first."

i try and try to tlak to him, and when he doesnt answer i yell and he gets mad and then he wont answer me, its so hard for me to talk to him, hes the best boyfriend in the world we have been together for 2 1/2 years now and have EVERYTHING in common, but he just doesnt listen and hes the only onei have here, i have no friends here when i moved. I dont know what to say to him without it being mean or whatever

add me on msn if you have it! [email protected]
    Mommy's Little Girl

If you needed money, I'm sure there are many other places you could apply at to work and you would be much happier at. From the sounds of it, if you DON'T need the money, then I would stick to volunteering. Otherwise if you do need some money, I would stick with volunteering but try to find another part-time job instead of going back to one that you hate!

facebook

its hard for me to find a job, i dont know why. i apply EVERYWHERE and no one calls me back, and they are hiring. i dontknow whats wrong with me
    Mommy's Little Girl