Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK... What Breed is BOB?

OK... What Breed is BOB?

I got a new puppy and a companion for my beagle Ginger. He is a rescue dog who is just darling. He's a crowd stopper. Everyone wants to know "just what kind of dog is he"? I don't know. The rescuers advertised him as a Cocker Spaniel Mix with maybe some Blue Heeler. I just don't see the Blue Heeler... maybe some Cocker. Others have since said he is anything from a Jack Russel to a Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen (PBGV). In researching these breeds, I can see some PBGV maybe as he does appear to be getting shaggier all the time, but he is minus the long ears. Take a look at the pictures and give me your take. The first picture is a 1 week span - 8 weeks to 9 weeks. The second is 7 weeks to 9. Thanks, Dan

aw.. how cute
    Bob looks like a long haired Beagle

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Would not have a clue about breeds, but Bob is adorable .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

What a cutie!

I can't believe it but I do see some PBGV, they are a pretty rare breed so it is unlikely he is mixed with a PBGV but you never know.

His colors indicate that he has a breed with some ticking, like a cattle dog, pointer, setter, etc... Cockers do have some ticking but it's limited to their muzzles & feet (usually on a well bred one anyways).
    He also has the tri colors and spots which are commonly seen in hound dogs, like beagles.
    his feet look almost like a medium-ish sized dog... possibly a beagle?

It is hard to tell breeds in mixed puppies, as they age you can usually get a better guess.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

When Bob Gets Wet...

Thanks, I agree with you all. And yes, it is so very hard to identify a mixed breed puppy, especially when they have so many different and interesting characteristics. It is interesting that someone mentioned Beagle, cause I never thought so, but when Bob got his first bath... I thought, "Oh my goodness", he looks just like a Beagle. Especially when he is soaking wet... when the rinse water is first poured over him (before his hairs have a chance to pop back up). It also surprising how little and skinny he is. When dry, he is all fluffy and even looks a little stout. But when he's wet, there's hardly anything to him. He only weighs 8.5 lbs at 9 weeks. Oh well, he's Bob! Here are some more photos - first one dry, 2nd wet and the 3rd a tad lathered up. Thanks agin,
    Dan

Last edited by BOBS DAD; 01-31-2006 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar... Poor Typist you know

I have no clue on his breeds, but he is SUPER cute.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I have no idea what breed he is but he is absolutely adorable! I also wanted to welcome a fellow Pittsburgher to Pet Talk

Oh, Dan, Bob is one of the most adorable pups I have ever seen. Here is a picture of Taggert when we first got him. Except for the coloring they could be brothers.

However, I am not sure they will look as close as they grow older.

Whatever Bob is, he is very, very cute!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I have no idea what breeds is in him. I just wanted say he is one of the cutest puppies I've seen in a long time!

He kinda looks like he might have some kind of terrier in him. But maybe that is just me.

Wow... Taggert Really Is A Clone

Hi 4 DOG MOTHER,

Sorry I called you William the other day... I am thinking now that William is not your name , but rather the fella who uttered the quote you display at the end of your posts. Am I right... Uh duh, and maybe a little slow. Taggert sure does look like he could be Bobs brother. That was why I first asked you about him... cause even now he put me in mind of Bob. I guess I will have to just watch Bob as he grows and see what he develops into. I will keep you posted and send/post occasional updated photos of Bob!

Thanks for sharing, Dan

"CHARMING BOB" actually...

But nobody likes the noble distinction... everybody says he looks like just "BOB".

Another "bob" Impersonator

Oh my Goodness, 4 DOG MOTHER... Taggert's doing an impersonation of BOB!!! You were right - give Taggert Bob's colors - and they could be brothers!

Last edited by BOBS DAD; 01-31-2006 at 02:27 PM. Reason: CHANGE PHOTO

Double Take

Must be I need glasses or some computer tom foolery!

Bob is such a sweetie maybe some Jack Russell Terrier or some Border Terrier in him.
    Hannah-Lily

Lily's Dogster - http://www.dogster.com/?217854

I agree with everything Lv4dogs said

Niņo & Eliza