View Poll Results: Do you think this is a GREAT dog?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

21 100.00%
  • kinda

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not Great But Lucky

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: hero among the flames

Smile hero among the flames

MY HERO AMOUNG THE FLAMES

Kody

As flames smoldered

You had a bad felling

As flames grew

You knew

As I sleep

You tried your best to get me up

You jumped, lept, bit, and made a fuss

I pushed

But you insisted

I awoke

You still pushed

I though you just wanted out

You knew better

You knew I didnt need to sleep

You fussed and cussed

Tell I was up

You saved my life

I owe you a lot

Thank you kody my hero

My hero among the flames

I love you ko ko

Rose

April 7, 2003 at 6:30 in the morning our house caught fire. My dog kody saved my life. I will tell you how I remember it. I remember kody jumping up and down on me he barked and wined he even bit a little. I pushed him away I only thought he wanted out of my room but he keep it up. I kind of woke up and heard my mom yelling fire, fire get out! I thought it was another fire drill like she normally had! So I went to the door and touched it like I was suppose to, the door was not hot so I opened the door. As I looked down the hall I saw what looked like a black cloud of smoke. When I opened the door my other dog Janie and my cousins dog Noah came in. I slammed the door and looked for a way out. I saw the window. I gather up all the dogs and put them on the bed and opened the window and through them all out (As I through them out smoke from the basement window right below mine was coming in my window). I looked for my cat but I could not find her. So I got my shoes and flashlight I knew we would need then. I remember yelling for some one to help me out but no one came. And so I got out as I got out on the ledge of my window I saw my bedroom door catch on fire then I jumped off the ledge. I landed on my feet then fell to my but my brother Davie helped me up and told me my sister Brooke was still in there my grandmother ran over and told me the same. I remember the heat I felt when I landed and I could not believe that my sister was still in there. I heard some thing exploded I told every one to get back. My mom ran to thee dairy mart across the street a little ways to call 911 then my cousin gee. The police was there in the matter of sounds then the fire department. They told us to go across the street. My mom was still at the dairy mart soon gee and her boyfriend rob was there. I remember my little brother Jordan walked by and hit my leg, it hurt, it hurt bad I reached back my pants where tore and my hand was covered in blood. Rob and I went to the dairy mart so he could look at my leg because he was at that time an E.M.T I had a two-foot gash. A little while latter a policeman and Chaplin came in and told mom Brooke was dead. I dont remember much after that tell our pastor and his family came, they where still putting out the fire when something happened to my mom and she had to go to the hospital and I had to go. Latter that day like 2pm I went back everybody was still there. Gee hade to take my dogs to her house but she was back before I got there. Some of the fire people were still there as well, though I do not know why. A week or soo latter when they let us back in to the house my dad found my cat hope she had died as well. Even though this was such a tragedy I believe there is a miracle involved because if my dog kody were not there I would not be here today.

Great poem, I really love it. I voted yes, he sounds great. Is that poem true? Did you make it? I really love it.

WOW... that is a WONDERFUL dog you have there. Great poem.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister and cat. That must have been heart breaking.

What a horrible experience that must have been... but now you know the devotion and love Kody has for you.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Smile

Yes I did wrote the Pome at times I do have a way with words I have to use a spell check every few words but its all good Kody wasn't even a year when I rescued him he was going to be put dawn the next day I knew he was a unique dog I had him fully trained in just one week I keep taking him to puppy classes but he didn't need them he was already ahead of them all he won almost all the time with his sits and downs I knew he loved me for he wouldn't stay in his crate at night he would howl tell I would let him on my bed and to this day he thinks he has to protect me from strand dogs and people he is one of the best dogs I have and for him he will always a that place in my heart that no one could ever fill ever.

there's no better love than a dogs love.
    he will love you after a day of being left alone
    or even after just being alone for two seconds.
    he will love you the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
    he will love you when you sad, mad, and glad.
    he's there after that fight with the one's you love
    he doesn't care how they broke your heart just so he can fix it.
    he's at your lap after a hard days work
    ready for anything a pat, or even to be you couch buddy.
    he's never let you down
    he' always been there
    and he will still be there
    waiting for the time you walk in that door
    and say buddy lets have fun today.
    he's there day and night
    up tell his last flight
    then you can say buddy goodnight!

hey
    Certainly sounds like you've been through a lot. Hope all is good now, or atleast getting better. You got a hero living amoung you. Isn't it great how much animals really love us; enough to risk their own lives to save ours. Sorry about your losses. Nice poems as well.

Wink Cool

Wow what a neat poem!!

wow, that makes me think of the saying we owe it to the dogs Im happy he got you out in time .