Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dogs who lean

Well I can definately say that Angus was a leaner because he loved to do it I don't really care why he did it, I just loved that he loved to be so close to me!

Huney never does, and Roxey does occassionally if she is tired and just happens to be sitting by you and getting petted.
    I do think that Bon is going to be a leaner too. We haven't had him quite long enough to see, but he has done it a couple of times when he was tired.

Very interesting thread, I'm glad you brought up this oldie Miranda_Rae

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

None of mine are leaners.

Maddie was a lap warmer.

Murph just comes and stands beside ya, doesn't really lean though.

Oz is a butt parker. If you're laying down, he comes and parks his butt on you and wiggles it against you, until and while you scratch it. But if you're sitting or standing he just backs it into ya, to scratch it.

Gully is a leg tweener. He comes and runs right in between your legs and stops about halfway through, so his butt is in the perfect position to scratch. Collies must have really itchy butts.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Rosie (part Rott) was always a leaner, and she would often put her foot on top of mine while leaning. I always like it (she was very touch-oriented), but she seemed to lean harder when Star was around. A trainer told me Rosie did this to let Star know that Rosie was "claiming"me, kind of like resource-guarding. The trainer thought we should discourage it. However, after Rosie died, Star took on several "Rosie" behaviors, including leaning on us, which she never did in all her 7 years! so, I'm not sure what THAT means, except that it seemed like Star took comfort in emulating her lost friend's little quirks.

Face isnt a leaner , if he wants your attention he will just run and hit you with his big head until u give it to him.
    Rita on the other hand is a BIG leaner, always pushing against you, she is quite big & heavy too, heavier than me so she will knock me down, its so cute though.

Originally posted by ParNone

Oz is a butt parker. If you're laying down, he comes and parks his butt on you and wiggles it against you, until and while you scratch it. But if you're sitting or standing he just backs it into ya, to scratch it.

Gully is a leg tweener. He comes and runs right in between your legs and stops about halfway through, so his butt is in the perfect position to scratch. Collies must have really itchy butts.

Par...
    LOL You have just perfectly described both Reggie and Nebo. Reggie is a "butt parker" (he'll even go up to the stairs and rub his butt against them if he has an itch). And Nebo is a "leg tweener." Isn't it funny how dogs just love the base of their tail scratched?

As far as leaning goes, I don't think any of my dogs really do that much.

Sadie is a leaner for sure...she'll lean into you and knock you over!! She also likes to lean in to you when sitting on the couch.

Cincy is a lap sitter. She'll jump up on the couch and sit in your lap, or as soon as I sit on the floor, she is in my lap. She'll also back up to anyone for a butt scratch.

Spot is a combo...he is leaner, but also a lay on top of. He'll start on the couch, leaning into you. Next thing you know he is laying across your lap!

What fun to re-visit some of these old threads! Karen, as you and Paul and some others have seen, Badger is a rubber, a leaner, a between the legger, and a belly-upper for tummy rubs All my others are too. It's just a touchy thing I think. When the youngster Thunder wakes up next to me in bed in the morning he and I just lay there and I talk to him and he paws and leans (while laying down) against me and I just swoon over the love I see in his blue, blue eyes (he takes after his dear mother CheekyBitch) (RB)

Just reading thrugh this old thread too. Re-read Face butts you with his big head...remembering how Rosie would curl up next to you and nudge under your elbow with her muzzel until, next thing you knew, your arm was around her and she could put her head in your lap. Then, she's slide her paw over your leg, and pretty soon you'd have a 65-lb. lap dog on you!

That's exactly it Cyber-sibes, the face-butts, the under the elbow thing, the paw over the leg. Showing who is boss? I don't think so, it's just plain and simple love from them to us. If you don't get it, you don't get it. Some of us do and are thankful for it

Amber has a very unlady like habit of plonking her backside on your foot whilst you are sat on the sofa. Once she has plonked her backside on your foot, she leans on it so you have all her weight.