Thread: Albino Fawn

Albino Fawn

Hi, I don't know if you've seen this yet or not. A friend of mine e-mailed this story to me with pictures. Here it is:

Albino Fawn from folks who live on Bolivar Peninsula! , Texas

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience!
    Mark saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW. A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Moma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of Mark..

Well,, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo &Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but going to send him to a Rehab farm, at a vet that we have never gotten along with... So, one of Dad's best friends is our Game Warden. Kinda reluctantly, but, I called him and told him the deal. He came right over, of course... and assured me that he wouldn't take it to that vet, that he was going to 'go to higher levels' than that with him..

So, he is gone now. We got a lot of pix, and something we will never see again probably, so it was very cool. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho. but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either ; But, here are a couple of pix to show ya. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER.
    He was SO small. That is my shoe lying beside him... WOW..how cool is that??

Larry Ward
    Rockport, TX 78382

I've seen this on www.snopes.com, but I think it was undetermined as to wether or not it's factual. They are some cute pictures, though!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

There is an albino buck in the woods near here who local hunters have vowed they will not shoot. He is a unique animal, and I think they actually somewhat protect him.

What a beautiful animal! I would have wanted to keep him, too.

Here is what Kay is talking about-
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/albinodeer.asp

It is cute. I probably would have done the same thing, taken it to a wildlife rescue. Albino animals have such a rough life, I always feel so badly for them. Any white animal, albino or not, can be singled out so easily be prey (including hunters). I think they'd live a much better life in a protected area. I wouldn't want him in a zoo or anywhere caged though. I think most wildlife rescues have a protected area where they can release animals. We have one less than a mile from my house, it's hundreds of acres on a lake, all protected for wildlife.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Yes, I got that on an e - mail! It is soo stunning!
    I love all animals to death!
    I would never do anything mean or bad to an animal!
    I will never forget all who have died in my arms!!
    I'm So glad God created animals, I don't know how I could live without them!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    I strive SOO hard every day to be the person my pets want me to be . . .