Thread: Rash??

Rash??

Ok, kinda a dumb thing to ask....but I developed this rash. It's on my arms (where it bends) and on my neck.

Anyway, anyone know what it could be from? The one on my arm is ichy, but the one on my neck hurts lol

I'm kinda afraid to go to the doctor. Last time he told me I had an allergy to dogs and I need to get rid of them. It kinda scares me to hear it. I guess I should go anyway....anyideas??

(I fixed my keyboard!)
    Last edited by slleipnir; 01-28-2006 at 10:24 PM.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

i have eczeema(spll?),and that is exactly where it is.I get it where my knees are too.I only get it though when its dry outside and usually in the winter.IF it is that,you can go to the doctor for medicated lotion or go to the drug store and they should have some creams.Or it could be just a reaction to something.i hope i didnt gross you out or anything

Has anything in your environment changed lately? New soap or shampoo? A new cleaning product being used? Did you eat anything different or new lately - something you haven't had before?

Any fever or other symptoms, or is it "just" the annoying rash?

If it was a reaction to the dogs, it wouldn't just pop up now!

In any case, you can get a creme from the pharmacy to help with the itching, and help the rash go away if it's just a surface reaction to something.

No, I don't think I've changed anything....I know my nose has been sort of stuffy for the last week. I thought I was coming down with something for sure...I usually have a runny nose every morning, but it goes away later in the day. I've had this for a long time now though...(minus the rash)

Okay - the runny nose part I can help you tell whether it is a cold or allergies. This was told me by my old allergy doctor, an old-timer with a sniffly nose himself, so I knew he could relate!

Blow your nose, then look in the tissue. If it is clear, it's allergies. If it's cloudy, it's a cold.

If it's allergies, maybe it's b*a*t*h*time for the pooches - that will help whether your reaction is to doggie dander or the dust in their coats ... see if that helps.

(Sorry for mention that B*word, Zeke and Josie!)

I get that if I've been in grass cause I'm allergic to it. It usually come up at the back of my knees too.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Okay - the runny nose part I can help you tell whether it is a cold or allergies. This was told me by my old allergy doctor, an old-timer with a sniffly nose himself, so I knew he could relate!

Blow your nose, then look in the tissue. If it is clear, it's allergies. If it's cloudy, it's a cold.

If it's allergies, maybe it's b*a*t*h*time for the pooches - that will help whether your reaction is to doggie dander or the dust in their coats ... see if that helps.

Hey, that's neat! And I guess a bath wouldn't hurt either lol. (psst, Zeke and Josie )

Quote Originally Posted by Karen

I have allergies to dogs aswell & get a rash sometimes. I even became allergic to Max. What I did was I bathed him every week to every 2ed week. I had very few rashs or any sort of reaction to him I just used an Oatmeal Dog Shampoo on him, so it wouldn't fry out his skin. He didn't seem to have any skin issues either. If anything, his skin & fur was quite nicer