Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on Domino

That is GREAT!!! I am so happy for the both of you! Dr. Scott sure sounds awsome!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

I am so glad that Domino is doing better! He will still be in my thoughts and prayers, and everyone here will keeping our paws and fingers crossed for him!

Steph and the gang

We will praying extra hard for Domino. Come on tough guy. We know you can get the strength to get better.

-hugs-

Thinking of you guys!!! Keeping our fingers and paws crossed for you, Dom!!! Sending lots of positive thoughts and healing prayers your way! You can do it Dom!
    xoxoxo
    Sandra and the Fur~

Yay! What great news!

Get better Dom

Thanks again for the prayers guys, they mean SO much!!! We should hopefully get a call from the vet clinic tomorrow...

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Still thinking of you and Dom. Lots of (((HUGS))) to you Katie for staying strong through this. Hopefully little Dom will be home soon!

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Well, Domino's still not home, but now Dr. Scott discovered that he also had an upper respiratory (sp?) problem, which caused his wheezing and difficult breathing. They said he's doing pretty good though, and we'll hopefully get to bring him home tomorrow or Thursday, but it may be longer. I'm just so thankful for Dr. Scott's kindness and help! I mean, who ever heard of a vet taking care of a guinea pig for a week without charging us anything?? (except a small fee which we were going to pay to put him down) But yeah, he's awesome!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Thats great! I'm so glad Domino is getting better!

What kind of litter do you use? Cedar and non kiln dried pine are really bad, and I have heard that they can trigger URI. I know Kaytee brand pine litter is kiln dried, so that might be ok.

-the zoo crew-
    thatDARNhorse <3

Quote Originally Posted by chrissycat21
    Thats great! I'm so glad Domino is getting better!

What kind of litter do you use? Cedar and non kiln dried pine are really bad, and I have heard that they can trigger URI. I know Kaytee brand pine litter is kiln dried, so that might be ok.
    Oh no, I'd NEVER use pine or cedar! Never have, never will I used the dried newspaper stuff you get from pet stores...I'm not quite sure what it's called, but it's one of the best kinds.

We're still waiting for the vet's call, and man, I miss my boy! I'm just glad he's coming home though, and that's the best thing!!!

Thanks Kay!!

Ok, thats good. I was just checking because even some very responsible guinea pig owners don't realize that that can be the start of many problems.

-the zoo crew-
    thatDARNhorse <3

Hi Katie! Keeping our fingers and paws crossed that Dom will be home very soon! Maybe today or tomorrow??? Poor little guy...a resp. infection too Thank goodness for Dr. Scott Anxiously awaiting the next update!
    Love and wheeks from me and of course Beamer and Rosie.
    (Special wheeks and purrrs from Beamer!)

How's Dom doing??? Paws and fingers crossed!

Thanks Sandra!

Domino's doing much better, although I don't know if he'll ever be 100%. He's just getting up there in age, and Dr. Scott has done everything he can to help him. He actually called yesterday and I have a big decision to make...Domino is better than he was, though not totally well...so I have 3 options: I can bring him home tomorrow and see how much longer he hangs in there, or Dr. Scott has offered to give him to a teacher and her class to enjoy. He also said he could keep him at the vet's office to enjoy as well. I'm having a hard time deciding, since I just want to do what is best for Domino...but since he will probably have a relapse, I'm not so sure I want to go through that again. But I would still love to have him home, yet others may enjoy him too. I'm praying to make the right decision, and I will let you know what happens.

Thanks Kay!!

Do whatever you think is best, Katie. I am sure he'll be happy either way. but you love him and I am sure he knows that.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..