Thread: Then there were two (rats)

Then there were two (rats)

Hi all,

Well I've been getting a lot of mail and advise that rats do better in pairs.

Sooooooooo.....

I went out and got Zaphod a pal. He is a Black (may grow up to be Blue) and White Mutt Rat. He is very sweet and a little younger than Zaphod. His name is Ford Prefect (Zaphod's cousin in the book where I got their names). He loves to cuddle.

Here's a pic.

Tell me what cha think!!

Cheers,
    Tigeress
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    No matter what happens at least my pets still love me.

Make a fast friend -Adopt a Greyound!!

he is georgous isn't he! What lovely colours he has on him. Glad you got yourdelf a new friend.

He's more of a friend for poor ol' Zaphod who was looking so lonely. It is amazing what introducing a new rat into the the cage has done for him. He used to kind of just stay at the bottom and sleep. Now he and Ford run around all three levels of the cage and goom each other. It is strange how fast they hit it off, they've only known each other for a few hours!

Cheers,
    T

Originally posted by Tigeress
    Now he and Ford run around all three levels of the cage and goom each other. It is strange how fast they hit it off, they've only known each other for a few hours!
    Glad he has someone, it must be a delight to watch. My rabbit Bunny last year was lonely, now she isn't as she has her little daughter to keep her company. It is cute to watch as Ebony loves her mum! Awwwwwwww!!

What you have there is a mismarked berkshire blazed. I breed rats. It looks like the other might be a himilayan. Do you have pics of the other rat? Very very adorable. It makes me want to go kiss mine. By the way how do you insert that file pic?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I hope this is the right pic. It is supposed to be of my bird.I am just rying this that way I can see if it works and if it does I willscan the pics of my rats and then insert them for all to see.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Luckies,
    I figured that Ford was just a mongrel (that's what we call Koi fish who don't have the markings to be anything else). The other rat Zaphod is a Buff Hooded Rat. You can see good pics of them both at their new web site:

http://members.tripod.com/Balme/Zaphod.html

To get pics in your post go down to the place that has a button that says Browse and then find your pic and open it. It can only be 60KB though.

Welcome to the forum!!! I just read your stuff about your Bengel kitties, people can suck I'm glad she got a home with you!

Cheers,
    T

How sweet! He really is adorable! Um, I have a question... my rats claws are kind of sharp, do I clip them? My nck is really scratched and it kind of hurts. Anyway congragalations on your new addition!
    I love Irish Wolfhounds!

I know people who do clip their rat's claws, but it is not easy if the rat isn't into it! You can tell where to clip because thier nails are clear, don't clip into the red/pink area, just nip the tip, you can get tiny nail clipper sicssors from the pet store that are used for birds and reptiles. An alternative to cliping is to take a nail file and gently run their nails across it, this will take off that sharp point without having to actually clip.

Cheers,
    Tigeress

Yeppers, Tigress is right!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major