Thread: I'm so ready....

I'm so ready....

to take my design career and toss it away!

I soooo hope that I love this dog training stuff and want to do it full time. Til now, I only wanted a part time job to supplement my interior design work. But I've honestly been having a blast working for the pet supply store, and can see myself loving it and waking up each morning excited to go to work. Today is my day off from the pet store, and my day to do design work.... and I'm TIRED of it. It is NOT the dream job all those TLC and HGTV shows depict (though I was a designer long before those shows were a gleam in the directors' eyes)

Here's the conversation with me and CNL (Crazy Nutty Lady who thinks she's my boss). We had 15 minutes of conversation discussing a project; nothing else crept into the conversation. I told her that I sent her an email of the latest drawing....
    CNL: I have to print this out, can you hold on?
    me: Sure.
    CNL: you're not gonna charge me for this are you?
    me: Well, I have to. We're discussing client information, and this falls under that.
    CNL: WHAT?!?! You're actually going to charge me to print this out?
    me: Yes, I can't keep starting and stopping a watch because you take another call or print something out. I'm only on the phone because we're discussing the project. Otherwise, I'd be doing other work, and for that I have to charge you.
    CNL: This is riduclous. First you get me to pay you more, now you're charging me more?
    me: I HAVE to. This is the way its done. I just was being super nice til now, and now I have to do it properly.

OMG guys, I can't take her much longer! Just wait til she gets the bill I'm submitting this afternoon -- EVERY conversation is on it. I only did half the conversations before because she inevitably started talking about her cat. I think she thinks if the conversations turn to cats then she can say the conversation was not all business.

I am praying that I love dog training. I am praying they'll love me so much that they offer it to me full time. They have a great benefits package and the people there are such a great group of people.

Good luck witht he dog training and may this be the last #@$&*%%&^% boss you have like her!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kim ~ She's either a nut case or has no idea how to run a business or is on the verge of bankruptcy or all 3! I don't think your choices are work for her or work at the pet store. If the pet store doesn't work out -- there has got to be other designers you can work with. You have a wonderful portfolio of your artwork. Have you considered asking the pet store if you can hang some of your pet drawings? Many people would love to have a portrait of their babies. And most of them come into pet stores. I know some people who have paid lots of $$$$ to have murals of their furbabies painted in their house. Perhaps the pet store will let you paint some scenes on the walls. Combining your talent and your love of pets seems like a wonderful way to pay the bills.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.