Thread: Looking for a new printer, Question for you.

Looking for a new printer, Question for you.

Does anyone have either of these printer s?
    Epson Stylus R2400 or the Epson Stylus Photo R1800
    I will probably get the 1800, but was wondering if any of you have either of them and what you can tell me about them !!
    Thanks Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I LOVE my Epson! I have the RX620 and I can't say enough good things about it. I'd never thought it possible to love a printer like I do this one! WELL worth every penny I paid for it, and this one was half the price of the ones you're looking at! You must be doing some serious printing at hme... I'd say go for it!

We've had bad luck with every printer we've owned! So I can't help you there.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I've never had either so sorry I can't help you.
    But I can tell you that Mark bought me the Canon PIXMA MP500 (I have a Canon camera also) for Christmas and the pictures are fabulous! They look like store bought!

Good luck on which ever you buy!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Well thanks everyone.

I need a printer that uses pigment inks, archival inks and archival papers.

I have an HP now and it has NEVER worked properly from the beginning. I did not get my moneys worth from it at all. It was when they first came out with card readers in the printers. I never even used that feature, but I thought it would come in handy.

I'll hook it up to Tom's computer and maybe it will work better there. It has had conflicts since the first time I installed it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, trying to make it work. It doesn't like the DVD player in the computer. I thought HP computer, HP printer should equal no trouble. NOT.

So I guess I am now going to be an Epson person. I had an Epson scanner one time and hated it. It was too hard to use. So I'm hoping the printers are user friendly.

Using these inks makes them 100 to 200 year fade resistant and water proof. Not that anyone will be around 100 years from now.

So again, thanks for your input, Epson it is.

Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings